PDA

View Full Version : PLynx 0.8

PLynx
January 21st, 2006, 21:33
I'm glad to announce you the latest PLynx version .... with better sound support !!! :)

!! ATTENTION : Due to the support of the analog stick, the configuration files (/cfgs/*.cfg) are not compatible anymore.
!! Please delete all the .cfg files in /cfgs/ .
v0.8:
- Better sound support !!
- Fake lynx bios detection error
- Analog stick support during game, option to change the sensibility of the analog stick
- Corrected : emulator crashes when trying to move the cursor up past the rom at the top of the list.

Feel free to comment. (download via comments)

ArugulaZ
January 21st, 2006, 23:33
Good stuff, as always! Thanks for all your hard work.

JR

whitey75
January 22nd, 2006, 00:10
G'day mate,

Your the man! Do you ever sleep?!

I am now getting black screens whenever i load a rom with v1.0 fw version 0.8 running on psp fw2.0 with EBOOT loader 0.9. I'll have to try your version 1.5 and see if i get the same thing.

Hey isn't the analog stick sensitivity the thing you asjust, NOT sensibility ;)

Cheers

Jaz
January 22nd, 2006, 03:09
Many thanks - great work!

whitey75
January 22nd, 2006, 05:36
I tried both versions and end up getting black screens on loading. Anyone got it to work yet?

Cheers

PLynx
January 22nd, 2006, 07:06
I am now getting black screens whenever i load a rom with v1.0 fw version 0.8 running on psp fw2.0 with EBOOT loader 0.9. I'll have to try your version 1.5 and see if i get the same thing.

Ah yeah I have other feedback that this version is not working on 2.0 ...
Hummm I don't have a 2.0 now, so it's little difficult for me to debug that now. But I'll try to make it working.
If someone is ready to try a dev. version ... :)

Hey isn't the analog stick sensitivity the thing you asjust, NOT sensibility ;)
Waaaaaaaaaaaa what a shame !! :o
As you understood I don't have a good english .... huuuuu
It will be easier to repair :)

PLynx
January 22nd, 2006, 09:45
I tried both versions and end up getting black screens on loading. Anyone got it to work yet?

Cheers

Could you try this version please ?

whitey75
January 22nd, 2006, 10:23
Your a legend mate. Worked like a charm with the fw v1.0 version of your programme.

You even fixed the sensitivity thing too.

Well done this is great!

PLynx
January 22nd, 2006, 10:46
Ah good, so I'll make little package with this version for Fanjita loader.

PLynx
January 22nd, 2006, 12:37
Ok whitey :)
I'll try an another way :)

PLynx
January 23rd, 2006, 09:14
Could someone test this eboot version with the Fanjita eboot loader ?
And say me : first, if it runs :), second if there is sound.
(Replace the eboot from the 0.8 release by this one).

Thanks in advance.

karri
January 23rd, 2006, 11:03
Hi,

I have fixed several bugs with memory usage of cart images in the original Handy code. Had to do this because the new cc65 compiler creates much smaller cart images and Handy crashes occasionally when it tries to open these.

I am currently coding new stuff for the Lynx and I would like to be able to run my things on the PSP as well. One thing I would very much like to see is to use WiFi for ComLynx connectivity. The best thing would be to get the fixes into handy.sourceforge but I have not been able to get developer status for doing this.

How about the PLynx source tree. Is it available for interested developer-wannabees?

--
Cheers,

Karri

whitey75
January 23rd, 2006, 11:17
G'day again mate,

Tried your new EBOOT with v1.0 version of PLynx and get black screens.

Tried your new EBOOT with v1.5 version of PLynx and works perfect with sounds and all. Only problem I can see (which isn't really a problem) is that the emulator shows up as PLYNX v0.8#KXPLOIT BO in the EBOOT loader and has the PSP-DEV Launcher icon displayed. Other than that it works perfect (I gave it a good run this time). I even tried loading a saved state (This worked great). The analog stick is an excellent addition (especially for Rampart).

Well done mate (sorry bout the mix up before ;) :o ) and thanks for all the hard work.

PLynx
January 23rd, 2006, 13:54
Hi whitey75,

Thanks a lot to have tested it and answered me :)
I have contacted you by PM.

Sorry to always annoying you :)

PLynx
January 23rd, 2006, 14:11
@Karri : Yes I'll release the sources, I think for the version 1.0, time for me to clean up little :)

karri
January 23rd, 2006, 14:24
Thanks! Once I figure out how the PM works I mail you a link to my own CVS for Handy. I tried to restructure it a bit for easier porting to Symbian 60 and Linux. I assume that the PSP port will help a lot.

The biggest problem for me has always been the sound support. The buffer always over or underflows in Windows resulting in popping and breaks. I am very curious in how you handle this in the PSP.

--
Cheers,

Karri

whitey75
January 24th, 2006, 08:06
OK how do I see your PM?

PLynx
January 24th, 2006, 08:15
OK how do I see your PM?
You can access your PM with the "User CP" link, In top left of the page.

whitey75
January 24th, 2006, 08:24
I posted you a PM.

PLynx
January 24th, 2006, 09:02
I posted you a PM.
Ok :)
PM Answered, my mistake, sorry :o

mistaker
January 25th, 2006, 00:55
Great emulator, rocks. You are the man!

A quick question, is there a way to rotate game screen? Gauntlet and Klax are rotated left, Centipede is rotated right.... Is there a way to force rotation it in emulator UI, so that game screen corresponds to PSP button placement?

I tried rotate.exe that is included in Windows version of Handy which is supposed to set rotate flag on rom, but it didn't work.

ultros
January 25th, 2006, 02:02
rotation wouldn't look good.
the lynx's width is 320 pixels and rotated it must fit the 272 pixels height of the PSP.
so you must drop lines to fit the 320px to 272px

PLynx
January 25th, 2006, 08:14
Great emulator, rocks. You are the man!

A quick question, is there a way to rotate game screen? Gauntlet and Klax are rotated left, Centipede is rotated right.... Is there a way to force rotation it in emulator UI, so that game screen corresponds to PSP button placement?

I tried rotate.exe that is included in Windows version of Handy which is supposed to set rotate flag on rom, but it didn't work.

Thank you :)

I'm actually working on it, I think it will be a feature of the next release :)