PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Doom ??

wraggster
May 3rd, 2004, 04:24
Would this Star Wars Doom mod work on any of the doom ports on the Dreamcast

http://drumaster.gp32news.com/starwars.htm

if so i was thinking we could release an image of the shareware version?

BlackAura
May 3rd, 2004, 07:06
Probably. If it works as a replacement DOOM1.WAD without any data from Doom Shareware included, you could run it using nxDoom either by renaming it to DOOM1.WAD, DOOM.WAD, DOOM2.WAD, UDOOM.WAD, TNT.WAD or PLUTONIA.WAD, and nxDoom will automatically detect that it's a shareware WAD, and load it appropriately. The catch is that it'll look strange in the modlist, but for an image that wouldn't be a problem.

If not... I could probably find out what data is missing to make it a full WAD, and add the appropriate stuff from FreeDoom.

wraggster
May 3rd, 2004, 13:53
yeah i think it does work with the shareware files as well as the full version, infact it says it does. it would be cool to have it in an image for the scene.

Id like to see quite a few releases of full doom shareware mods in images, generate some interest again.

do you know of any lord of the ring/harry potter mods?

BlackAura
May 5th, 2004, 12:09
Actually, you could probably release mods for the full version of Doom, as long as you can make it run without the original WAD file. You could probably use FreeDoom to fill in anything that's missing.

I know of no LotR/HP mods.

Turrican2K
May 5th, 2004, 12:41
Has the idea been brought up about releasing a disk image of Doom (probably nxDoom) with the FreeDoom WAD as a standalone package?
http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/index.shtml

May be pointless this late in the day, but it would be nice nonetheless.

wraggster
May 5th, 2004, 17:29
yeah id like to see that, and it would be a shot in the arm for the doom mod scene :)

BlackAura
May 6th, 2004, 03:48
The problem with FreeDoom is that the levels won't work. Last time I checked, none of them worked on nxDoom, because it doesn't support any of the extensions that Boom does.