PDA

View Full Version : MS clamps down on Resi 5 demo

Shrygue
December 11th, 2008, 20:04
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=203785)

Microsoft has clamped down on overseas Xbox Live users getting their hands on the Japan-only Resident Evil 5 demo, disabling online co-op for anyone outside of Japan.

The highly sort after demo hit the Japanese XBL Marketplace last week, and expectedly Western Xbox Live users have been scrambling to get their hands on it by making dodgy Japanese Gamertags.

In an attempt to stop the West getting at the full demo, Microsoft has begun tracking the IP of those playing Resi 5 and blocked Japan outsiders from playing co-op games online.

Why Microsoft and Capcom are so determined to stop us from playing the demo is anyone's guess, especially considering it has a global release date in March.

Capcom has said that Europe will be getting the demo - which is already in full English - "a bit later". We're probably looking at early 09 then.

pibs
December 11th, 2008, 20:14
And I was having so much fun :( whyyyyyyy capcom whyyyyyyy!!

Baboon
December 11th, 2008, 20:22
This has come from Capom and not MS. :(

On Capcom unity capcom have said that the rest of the world will get the demo... 1 day after the actual release of the full game (I think its March 19) lol. Capcom has said that they did not want the demo to be released now outside of Japan as it 'dooesn't fit in with their marketing strategy'?? ...all very strange? ...even stranger is that the demo is all in full english (sound and subtitles), plus it doesnt mention biohazrd at all and instead is branded resident evil?

The demo is pretty cool though. :D

Also this is really a double post. lol http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=174911

Harshboy
December 11th, 2008, 20:26
What kind of world is it where I am actually blocked from playing a game of my choice...

...Oh yeah, the one where Microsoft Controls :p

pibs
December 12th, 2008, 02:34
What kind of world is it where I am actually blocked from playing a game of my choice...

...Oh yeah, the one where Microsoft Controls :p

You can still play it, just not co-op. I was actually playing with japanese folks at times hah then when I created games I would get english folks hah