PDA

View Full Version : PointyRemote release 0.00001a

wraggster
January 22nd, 2006, 11:42
Pointy Remote (http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16859) is a VNC like homebrew program for the Nintendo DS! It allows you to browse your computer on a Nintendo DS. This is the first release, so it'll be a tad bit buggy.

QUOTE(How to use it?)
To use it you'll need an ap (dooh), and the server running on the host computer configure your ap as u did on wifi ds test, when you are connected, press the udp test button

and thats it, it'll look awfull, but it works....
press A to use a zoomed view of the screen
press B to se the gral view of the screen

while in zoom mode, u can do clicks with the stylus, and while in gral mode, u can select wich portion of the screen zoom

to send text, press select (\ is return)
if the text is not send, u can repeat the last sent text with LEFT trigger

Download via comments

microsoft
July 4th, 2006, 04:36
It suck for me. I am using a max media player for Ds and it sucks.

Enigma644
December 8th, 2006, 10:10
Just tested it on my M3 MicroSD.

I managed to get a chunk of my PC display showing up on the DS and I just about managed to send some text through.

Doesn't really work properly, but it's an awesome proof of concept!

I'd be really interested in seeing the source for this.

Like say if you're in the other room and you want to keep an eye on your work email, or msn. You could leave it viewing that part of your screen. I think this app could be really cool.:thumbup:

jonboy25
February 9th, 2007, 10:25
I tried it and found it worked pretty good. (better then I expected) And I had to reboot the DS many times until I had the right setting for my wireless router. Its a D-Link router. It doesnt update too quick but still I noticed quickly that I could close windows and click on Icons. It was my PC on the DS! Plus I think the version here is way old. I was useing PointyRemote0.000014a. Just found 0.000015a and I try it.

I'd hate to see this one not have a future. Imagine if you could play your PC game on a DS!!!

witeds
July 19th, 2007, 21:37
the computer unit is not working

my PC specifications
xp home

problem just don't work it i cant see any think except two buttons two text boxes and the word TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESTTTT in the bottom

why is it doing this

camguitar
August 3rd, 2008, 10:50
i cant open it. what am i doing wrong? i save it a PointyRemote.zip then try to open it with winzip and it wont open

DanTheManMS
August 6th, 2008, 23:09
Very old bump, but just try downloading the .zip file again until you get a good copy. It happens sometimes with DCEmu attachments.

I still have this on my card but only as a wardriving app to see if there are any networks available.