PDA

View Full Version : Vector Infector Now works on v2.0 Firmware

wraggster
January 22nd, 2006, 12:48
SmayDS has now released an updated Vector Infector (look at the screenshots here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17330)) that works on v2.0 firmware:

Heres the info for all users (well below 2.01 anyway)

<blockquote>1.5 users:

Copy the 'vector' and 'vector%' folders to the GAME folder in the PSP folder of your memory stick. Play.

1.0 and 2.0 users:

Copy the 'vector' folder to the GAME folder in the PSP folder of your memory stick.

If you want a proper icon (and background, for 1.0 users), copy the EBOOT.PBP file from the '1.0 EBOOT' folder into the 'vector' folder on your memory stick. This isn't mandatory.

2.0 users only:

Use Fanjita's 0.9 eboot loader, plskthx. That's what it's been tested with. It won't run with 0.3, and I haven't tried 0.7 or 0.85.

Reboot your PSP. Completely. Don't put it to sleep; turn it off. Otherwise (sigh) the MP3 library probably won't start up, regardless of whether or not I release the sound channels. So you'll get sound effects, but no music. Nggghhhh. But the game will run.

Start the game from the eboot loader.

New keys:

Start switches music. If you want more music, just convert your mp3's to 44.1kHz, 32kbps, mono (too much of a CPU drain otherwise). You can have 3 tracks, titletune1.mp3 -> titletune3.mp3. If a particular song is missing, it doesn't care.

Select+Rtrigger dumps a TGA screenshot into the game's directory. Don't know why I didn't put a TGA header on the raw file to start with!

Select+Start quits. No more power-button-holding. *EDIT: You can just hold Home too, that works fine.

Remember, if it doesn't run: Reboot your PSP. It works fine here on 2.0.

It is still very much a beta, so aside from the explosions being toned down, nothing else has changed. I'm working on that now!</blockquote>

As usual download via comments.

Xan
January 22nd, 2006, 13:05
This game is just great , keep up good work ^_^d

MGFox
January 22nd, 2006, 13:13
Thats sweet! Its good to see people paying attention to the 2.00 users!

The gameplay reminds me a little of SmashTV, and its very, very addictive...and pretty!

Nice Work SmayDS!

Cheers,
Fox

urherenow
January 22nd, 2006, 16:15
ok already! All have been pretty hyped up posts... guess I'll have to install it and give it a go tomorrow at work :)

halogod5000
January 22nd, 2006, 18:10
i dont think u should be sayin nigga if u do u r a racist bastard

lilvietquoc
January 22nd, 2006, 19:15
whos sayin nigga?....=/
anyways its not a racist word
just another way to say..."ma brotha"
or "homie"

but
anyways
this sounds like a nice game
ill have to try it later

califrag
January 22nd, 2006, 23:14
this works with v085 eboot loader too

scarface350
January 23rd, 2006, 00:48
THis thing wont work for me whenever i try to start the thing with eboot load 09 or 85 it always just goes back to the menu.... HELP.... i dunno but it probly has something to do with the homebrew i have. I have:

-pspsetx
- snes9xtyl 0.2c
- Luaplayer 0.15
- psp radio
-psp sudoku
-file assistant 0.4
-Notepad
- psp revolution
- pspad

and i play socom, legend of heroes, armored core, infected, burnout, rengoku, hot shots golf, GTA, Untold legends, Need for speed UG (jap version but i have US psp, for some reason i ordered the JAP version on ebay by accident so i had to get used to it.) And thats it. Just checking if this has to relate to any of this situation. Because everytime i try to run vector it just goes back to the menu... if not oo well im gonna miss a great game. :( yes i have a 2.00 and NO i am not going to downgrade.

and register at filehunter.org for the latest in files and stuff..... ( Put me as your referrer.)

MaxSMoke
January 23rd, 2006, 01:11
The game works great! I even tried swapping the MP3 background music with one of my own MP3's. Rob Zombie sounds great with the accompaniment of gunfire!

But I wonder if you might consider adding some harder difficulty levels? How about some of the following for people that want a bit more challenge:

#1. Distroyable Gems (force people to think BEFORE they shoot)
#2. A slowly decreasing Power Gauge for the main gun (this would force you to keep grabbing Gems in order to keep the weapon upgrades)

And, of course, all of that stuff I mentioned in the earlier post. Different weapon powerups, new enemy types, super weapons, ect. I know that's asking for alot, but I'm a greedy, spoiled gamer that wants the prefect game. On the upside, I do believe you can actually make that happen. That speaks volumes about how impressed I am with what you've already done!

gsyph0
June 8th, 2006, 02:37
How does this compare to rRootage? I liked that one a lot