PDA

View Full Version : NEO4ALL AES: Post anything!

1stvinicius
January 22nd, 2006, 16:51
Ok guys, since Chui seems to be absent these last days, my point with this new thread is to keep the "helping-each-other" discussion up.

I have some doubts here and i'd be happy if i could help others too.

Here's my trouble:

1) Is the emu really lacking the neogeo "D" button map? I tried two ways of burning the disc (SBI inducer and Bootdreams) and them both returned me the same problem... I got only neogeo's "A", "B", "C" (which are Dreamcast's "X", "A" and "B" buttons) and "Start". The only thing i changed in the emu was the 256 colors BMP intro screen (I've made another 256 colors bitmap). The DC "Y" button that should be the neogeo "D" button only pauses the emulation for me. Another thing is that the emu is called AES - home system - but it runs in MVS - arcade system - unless the user hold DC's "X" button down. What's this? Someone, FOR GOD'S SAKE, help me!

A curiosity:
My Samurai Shodown runs in US mode and shows blood!

M Dash
January 22nd, 2006, 17:33
Hm.... excuse me??? oO;!!!
In my EUROPEAN dreamcast i have ALL THE FOUR buttons of Neo-Geo.
A, B, C, D
A, B, X, Y

The mappings are equal to the original KoF games released for the Dreamcast system...

1stvinicius
January 22nd, 2006, 18:11
Hm.... excuse me??? oO;!!!
In my EUROPEAN dreamcast i have ALL THE FOUR buttons of Neo-Geo.
A, B, C, D
A, B, X, Y

The mappings are equal to the original KoF games released for the Dreamcast system...
Ô M Dash, eu acho que com vc eu posso falar em português, certo? Beleza. Vamo lá. Qual o sistema vc está usando (está a usar)? Win XP? 2000? 98? Vc gravou o cd com todos os arquivos ou deixou os descartáveis de lado? Qual programa usou pra gravação? Qual programa usou pra fazer a imagem do disco? Vc tem que segurar o X pra, só depois, apertar start e começar a jogar? Aparece "insert coin" pra vc? Cara, to cheio de dúvida!

Lain
January 22nd, 2006, 23:57
runs fine for me, R trigger is pause for me and Y is D.
I have a pal system too, tho I doubt that make a differeance.

M Dash
January 23rd, 2006, 14:09
@ Lain: Exactly! :-) Mine it's like that too!

@ 1stvinicius: sim, pode falar portugues sim! ;-)

Eu estou no WinXP, gravei com todos os arquivos, gravei com Alcohol 120%, fiz meu proprio selfboot com a ferramenta NeoCD/SDL DC Selfboot 0.2 (http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/) , nao tenho que segurar nada não, os butoes estão correctos, carrego no start e ele começa normalmente, não aparece insert coin, o jogo corre em modo consola, por isso aparece 4 creditos para o jogador 1 e 2. carrego no start, e jogo!

MasterMan
January 23rd, 2006, 20:28
1stvinicius must be converting the roms using uni-bios.12 renamed like aes-bios.bin, this causes the "insert coin" message. And booting by holding X opens the arcade oprions (i think).
Also, the controler layout is the same as Neo4All (the CD one).

1stvinicius deve estar convertendo as roms usando a uni-bios.12 renomeada como aes-bios.bin, isso causa a mensagem "insert coin". E iniciar segurando o X abre as opções do arcade (eu acho).
Tambem, o layout dos controles é o mesmo do Neo4All (o de CD).

M Dash
January 23rd, 2006, 22:18
LOL..... well what do you now.... MasterMan speaks portuguese too :-P

LOL.... bem quem diria... MasterMan também fala portugues :-P

MasterMan
January 24th, 2006, 04:09
Forgot to update my profile, i'm brazilian =]

Esqueci de atualizar meu perfil, sou brasileiro =]

M Dash
January 24th, 2006, 23:46
poix! lol
yap! lol

i'm portuguese! :D
sou portugues! :D

1stvinicius
January 25th, 2006, 17:03
go to the next post.

vá para o próximo post.

1stvinicius
January 25th, 2006, 17:07
Hey guys, i just needed to format my pc so i couldnt answer to you. About the bios: Im going to try another bios files (even thinking it is not causing the bug). Thanks for the attention, dude.

Ei caras (brothers, amigos, camaradas... não sei como se fala em Portugal) tive que formatar meu pc então não pude responder nesse dias. Sobre a bios: Vou tentar outros arquivos pra ver se é esse o problema (mesmo achando que não seja). Valeu a atenção, chapas! (de novo não sei como seria a tradução de chapa em Portugal!)

Im Brazilian! :cool:
Sou Brasileiro! :cool:

M Dash
January 25th, 2006, 19:43
no need to translate.... i'm used to speak with brazilian ppl ;)
nao precisa de traduzir... estou habituado a falar com ppl brazileiro ;)

i really think it's because of the bios...
eu creio msm q seja da bios....

1stvinicius
January 29th, 2006, 09:02
agora sei que o problema não é por causa da bios. a unibios mostra uma tela de introdução diferente (aquela em que aparece o nome neo geo rodando) e com algumas coisas escritas em verde. não tem a menor possibilidade de ser problema da bios. alguém aí sabe dizer o que está acontecendo?

now i know it was not because of the bios. the unibios shows a different intro screen (that one that displays the word neogeo spinning) with some infos in green letters. theres no doubt its not the bios. does anyone know whats happening?

M Dash
January 29th, 2006, 20:05
bem.... eu estou sem ideias do q possa ser! :S
mas vc testou a bios "correcta" pelo menos??

well.... i'm fresh out of ideas!!
but did you tried the "correct" bios at least?

negrodiablo
January 30th, 2006, 06:42
First of all CHUI is a GOD! Thank you soo Much for such an AWESOME EMULATor. This is a dream come true for me. Long live dreamcast.

i would love to see an auto fire feature in a future release for games like metal slug and blazing star!

Keep Up the great work Chui! Your Genius is much appreciated!

Lain
January 31st, 2006, 08:25
dido

1stvinicius
January 31st, 2006, 17:04
MDASH:

Tenho quase certeza que falei besteira... A tela da bios é, na verdade, aquela em que se pode editar várias opções (dificuldade, créditos, etc). Aquela tela de início em que aparece a palavra neogeo rodando está dentro de cada rom e não tem nada a ver com a bios. Tenho quase certeza disso. Tem um outro problema que tá acontecendo que eu esqueci de comentar: a opção "reboot dreamcast" não funciona pra mim. Ela apenas escurece a tela e nada mais funciona, não reseta o dream. To achando que pode ser porque eu eliminei o arquivo (ficheiro) que armazena a voz feminina que diz goodbye.

Im almost sure i have said bull s h i t... Actually, the bios screen is that one where you can change various options (dificulty, credits...)That intro screen that shows the word neogeo spinning is inside of each cartridge and has nothing to do with neogeo's Basic Input/Output System. There's another prob ive noticed here: the "reboot dreamcast" option doesn't work for me. It only goes to a black screen and crashes in a BSOD. I think it can be cause i deleted the file which retains the female voice saying goodbye.

NEGRODIABLO:

Its obvious that chui's neogeo emulator is an awesome emulator for the dreamcast. In my opinion, it is the best program for dreamcast ever but i am pretty sure that discussions like this we're having (about bugs and probs) will help him to make a faster progress...

M Dash
January 31st, 2006, 20:59
1stvinicius:

aposto q isso é msm de vc estar a usar uma bios diferente.... tente usar a bios AES.
n use outra alternativa.

I bet that is because of you being using a diferent bios.... try to use the AES bios, don't use an alternative.

MasterMan
February 1st, 2006, 01:28
There's another prob ive noticed here: the "reboot dreamcast" option doesn't work for me. It only goes to a black screen and crashes in a BSOD. I think it can be cause i deleted the file which retains the female voice saying goodbye.
The "reboot Dreamcast" option is for coder's cable users only, it exits the program and goes back to DCTool screen, allowing to load anther program by coder's cable.

BTW, UNI-BIOS.12 shows this screen before the game.
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7131/unibios3eg.jpg
And using the real AES-BIOS.BIN should give you the "press start" message, not the "insert coin" one.

1stvinicius
February 1st, 2006, 03:18
Masterman:

I know that screen from unibios.. that's why i was saying it is the standard one. When i use it with neorage it gives me the standard bios behavior and nothing green is shown in the PC nor in the DC. Anyways, i'm burning another disc with some other files for use in mame.

About the reboot dreamcast:

That's strange... In neo4all/CD the reboot dreamcast resets the system. Won't Chui come up again to claear those doubts?

1stvinicius
February 2nd, 2006, 18:34
Region=usa,
Frameskip=0,
Sound=on,
Clock 68k=normal,
Z80=under,
Filter=none,
Cdda=on,
Sfx Sync=on.

Those settings must be altered before playing and it's recommended not to change them after loading a rom. All the games are in the folder called "neogames" (being inside the emulator's submenu "select rom", the word "dir", which means directory/folder, will be seen on the right side of "neogames"). Select the game in this folder (press left/right for faster scrolling), and, after that, in the main menu, confirm "run". To exit the game and go to the main menu, press "L". If, after loading a rom, a message "color bank error" or a screen with strange colors comes up, proceed like if you wanted to go back to the main menu. Press and Hold "L" button, choose another game but don't hit "a" on "run". Instead, go back to the games folder (neogames), choose again the game that produced the error, confirm "run" and wait. This time it will be loaded onto the memory with no problems (that bright green screen with some white stuff that comes before the spinning "neogeo" logo, typical at the beggining of most games, is nomal. It's another part of the loading). This problem usualy happens when various games are loaded without reseting the console and, mainly, with big games like the Samurai Shodown series and Svc Chaos. You are able to change the disc to another one with roms while being in the main menu. knowing that, in this emulator, the data is being accessed all the time, do not change discs while a game is running otherwise, you be risking your system to injuries (even knowing that reportings about that was never noticed)

M Dash
February 2nd, 2006, 21:41
o..k... why is it that everytime anyone posts in this thread my previous post is pushed to front and not left behind??? oO;

merp
March 22nd, 2006, 03:07
The error for Pressing RUN without a ROM is WAY too long. It should be like 10x shorter.

merp
March 22nd, 2006, 04:30
Following Nebula's dats and checksums I am able to convert most ROMs. However, sometimes character data seems scrambled in areas or CPU data is not accessing the right banks?

What's going on? I tried Ghostlop.

game ghostlop MVS "Ghostlop"
CPU 0x100000
228-p1.bin 0x0 0x100000 NORM
END
SFIX 0x20000
228-s1.bin 0x0 0x20000 NORM
END
SM1 0x20000
228-m1.bin 0x0 0x20000 NORM
END
SOUND1 0x200000
228-v1.bin 0x0 0x200000 NORM
END
GFX 0x800000
228-c1.bin 0x0 0x400000 ALTERNATIVE
228-c2.bin 0x1 0x400000 ALTERNATIVE
END
END

merp
March 24th, 2006, 02:17
Perhaps convertneo could be set up to work with pending zips, such as mslug5 and ms5plus so ms5plus looks for mslug5 in the romrc? That could save a lot of time for testing.

Omega-GX
March 27th, 2006, 17:39
Somebody understands that it means this: 0x0 0x100000 in romrc.
So that if roms wanted to add my that of is not the same
Rage the Dragons
Rage of the Dragons Decrypted
I have the first.
Sorry my translation :)
I have a Dreamcast PAL and one NTSC, it´s a beutiful machine and this emu is :cool:

DemoniusX
March 27th, 2006, 22:25
amazing how a cart system that has big cart size to emulate this well on dc, I can't believe the impossible is possible but chui is starting to make me believe other wise.