PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD PSP 0.5 Alpha 2 (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

wraggster
January 22nd, 2006, 19:03
The Coder who is behind the NeoGeo CD Emulator for Windows called NEOGEO CDZ Emulator (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/) has updated his own version of the continuation from the last official release by Yoyofr (although Zelurker has updated his version to 0.7.1 now (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml)). The translation from google is poor as usual but here it is:

<blockquote>* Unless load there is a picture, being to be lonesome, it corresponded. With option it can make invalid.
* Several part which unpalatably processes with version before was corrected. </blockquote>

Anyone who can translate it better please do.

Anywa download this new release and let us know if its any better in any areas, downloads and feedback via comments

b8a
January 22nd, 2006, 21:53
Better translation:
"Somehow I've managed to put this togeather.
It now does more than the original version, and as I haven't done even a single optomization yet I'm thinking that it's going to be even slower than the original, but I'm going to be making gradual revisions.

What's changed (alpha 2):
-Since it looked lonely without a load screen, I added support for it. You can turn it off in the options.
-I've revised a number of sections that performed some awkward processing in the previous version.

Development Status:
The development environment is unsteady, I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this.
When doing a table jump in the functions, it'll stop responding.
I wonder if it's going to be nessecary to update the SDK."

Also, from the read me file:

"This page is short as I've only started making this.
I only have FW 1.5 so I don't know if this'll work on 1.0.
I forgot to say this last time, but startup.bin and patch.prg are unnessecary.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Planned changes/revisions for the next version (alpha 3):
-Change the processing for the sound timer
-Add key configuration
-Review the frame skip processing
-Probably delete the M68K and Z80's clock change

The source code is still a mess, so I plan to release it with the release of the version after the next version (beta 1).
Just wait a little bit longer.
-------------------------------------------------------
alpha 2:
-Supports a load screen. You can turn it off in the options.
-Numerous reviews and revisions of the source code.

alpha 1:
-Using the source code of NEOGEO CDZ Emulator as the basis, I've rewritten about 70% of the code.
-There's probably more than a few games that didn't work with the original version that will work now.
-I'm thinking that the problems with loading files have be resolved.
-It sounds to me like the sound has become clearer, but I can't really tell so I might be wrong.
-The sound now works in Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits, but... It's slow..."