PDA

View Full Version : Major Breakthrough for V2.01 to 2.6 Firmware (Eboot Loader)

wraggster
January 22nd, 2006, 21:46
Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/) the master of the Eboot Loader and a member of our forums, has posted this news on his site:

<blockquote>Ditlew and I made some breakthroughs today with the EBOOT loader for GTA, and I'm so excited I thought I'd share the news, since we've been hammering away at this problem for weeks now, and it feels like we're starting to get somewhere.

Last night we finally managed to remove what is believed to be the last traces of GTA from the PSP's memory, and we appear to have full user-mode control over all the available memory and resources (with the exception, of course, of flash memory).

So far this hasn't translated into everything magically-working, including the loader menu, but we have run the first homebrew game using the EBOOT loader - "PSP Rick Dangerous".

So, there's still a lot of work to do, but it's coming along nicely.

This also seems like an opportune moment to properly introduce Ditlew, although we've been working together since the start of the EBOOT Loader for GTA project. He's a 30-year-old Dane working as a lead programmer, with a past in the gaming scene and a strong passion for AI - not to mention a sharp mind and a lot of determination.</blockquote>

Great work Fanjita and Ditlew, are Sony going to be pissed at this :p

chrisrulz555
January 22nd, 2006, 22:31
"Last night we finally managed to remove what is believed to be the last traces of GTA from the PSP's memory, and we appear to have full user-mode control over all the available memory and resources (with the exception, of course, of flash memory)."

Excuse me for being a noob but why do you have to remove all GTA related files from the psp?

Skye
January 22nd, 2006, 22:49
No, when you boot homebrew using the GTA save game hack, parts of GTA were still loaded in the RAM (memory) it looks like he was finally able to remove all traces of GTA from the PSP's RAM. In turn this allows more available resources to be used in applications, where as before programmers would be limited by memory constraints, etc.

MaxSMoke
January 22nd, 2006, 23:41
Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

This is too exciting for Words! HOMEBREW'S COMING ON ALL NEW PSP'S!!!!!

Original Games! PSPRadio! PSP Aps! Emulators! And, dare I say it.... maybe even a DOWNGRADER! Woot!

(um... why isn't anyone else excited about this?)

Hiei311
January 23rd, 2006, 00:10
for one thing who cares about downgraders for 2.5 and 2.6, theres home brew on 2.5 2.6
then no donwgrader >>

philkin
January 23rd, 2006, 00:25
Well Done Fanjita and Ditlew,

Keep up the great work and I would just like to say your hard work is much appreciated.

Phil K

MaxSMoke
January 23rd, 2006, 01:04
I do love this website and it's great forums, but man, there are some incredibly dumb people that post here sometimes. If you can downgrade from Firmware 2.01+ down to 1.5, you wouldn't need GTA to load your homebrew and you'd get full access to the system without the need for any kind of loader. That's why a downgrader would be awesome.

And seriously, there should be dancing in the streets at this point! This is the best news since they got Homebrew to work on 1.5 and the creation of the 2.0 Eboot loader! Over the last few months, ever since the release of GTA (ironically enough), Sony has been using the required Firmware 2.0, and now even 2.5, to slowly shutdown all Homebrew development. (My poor white PSP came pre-loaded with Firmware 2.01!) But if (or when) this GTA Eboot loader is released, Homebrew's existence should be secure for many months to come, maybe even forever!

And if this loader can be used to downgrade to 1.5 or even 1.0, then people would have full access to the system without any constraints! Then, all we'd need is a way to run 2.0+fw games on a 1.5 system, and we'd never need to worry about Sony's bankrupt firmware again!

AtariFreek
January 23rd, 2006, 01:55
Fanjita You ROCK, And Ditlew, YOU ROCK TOO!!!! This Is Simply Amazing, Keep Up The Great Work.

SSaxdude
January 23rd, 2006, 02:39
This is THE greatest day in PSP homebrew. The new Flashmod and this came today. I have a 1.5 PSP, but this is awesome because it means more homebrew to the masses. Great job Fanjita and Ditlew for spreading the message of homebrew.

grayjaket
January 23rd, 2006, 03:49
for one thing who cares about downgraders for 2.5 and 2.6, theres home brew on 2.5 2.6
then no donwgrader >>

i dont own GTA but if theree was a downgrader i could borrow it from a friend, downgrade, and than give it back to him.

tinkie
January 23rd, 2006, 09:03
i dont own GTA but if theree was a downgrader i could borrow it from a friend, downgrade, and than give it back to him.

Just buy it!

tinkie
January 23rd, 2006, 09:06
I would just like to say congrat's, i have been waiting a quite a while for this day... All the Emulators etc..... I really want to see the Snes (Super Famicom) emulator! Keep up the good work!

Hiei311
January 23rd, 2006, 12:16
Yeah Dude Just buy it...and gta isnt the only game requiers up dates
King Kong, midway Classiec Pack [from what i heard], Socom, Infected, Megaman X1 remake[from what iv heard], etc. Besides there already homebrew out for 2.00 gta only needs 2.00 [but if you have 2.01 and higher then ooook]. And Great Job for the eboot,
sony shall learn no mader how many time you make a update IT SHALL BE HACKED!!!!
FOR HOMBREW! ^^

MikeDX
January 23rd, 2006, 12:23
Well done to all parties involved. If you think this guy deserves credit, donate via paypal and CLICK HIS BANNERS!

gotmilk0112
January 23rd, 2006, 12:27
lol sony must be pissed at this. they cant make another firmware update cuz the h4ck is based off of a GAME! :D since i dont actually want to buy GTA cuz i wil never play it, when 2.5 downgrader comes i will just rent it or somthin but if no downgrader i will buy it used.

P.S. what dumb stuff do you think sony will put in a "3.00" firmware to make people want to upgrade? (if they were even dumb enough to release it). i wonder (this is highly NOT possible) if sony will finally give in and let homebrew conquer the system but no iso loaders, like, they would find every iso loader on the web and digitally sign it so it will do the corrupt data thing and not run. but, then people would just make NEW iso loaders and sony would be scrood (screwed).

Chackan
January 23rd, 2006, 12:51
But will we still need to run gta and bla bla bla lol? Or is it like the 2.00eboot loader?

crossfadeking
January 23rd, 2006, 13:27
soon i shall be able to play monkey island on my psp!!!
fed up of playing it on my phone!!!

DraconumPB
January 23rd, 2006, 15:29
Awesome work!!! Fanjita + newcomer Ditlew rule.

The sad thing is that people like Fanjita should be hired by Sony and making tons of money because of their extensive knowledge of developing for the system. Then they can put in backdoors for the homebrew, haha.

I'm just kidding, but seriously, it's a shame they don't get a salary for what they do. I'm considering donating a couple bucks on paypal myself...

Voltron
January 23rd, 2006, 16:50
I am continually impressed and in awe with Fanjita. This is in fact a big step forward. I owe most of the enjoyment I get from my PSP to him since I use a 2.00 PSP. The contribution by Ditlew is most appreciated as well. I will surely be donating and driving traffic to Fanjita's banner links. I urge others to do so also. I just hope the 2.00 EBOOT Loader has not been forgotten. I would love to see that project continued.

Onetonbullet
January 23rd, 2006, 19:49
Guess I have to buy GTA...Thanks alot.

pepegomez
January 23rd, 2006, 21:23
i bet sony will pay rockstar for closing this bug...damn

Xan
January 23rd, 2006, 21:39
Great work.Well Fanjita and Ditlew gona increase sales of GTA:LCS by alot :P.
I wonder if rockstar left this hole in thier game on purpose.
Still they should get nice cut from rockstar :P.

Sterist
January 24th, 2006, 04:15
where do ya download? or is it not out yet

Illegal Machine
January 24th, 2006, 04:54
then no donwgrader >>

Hey I dig my 1.5.... Isos man

Illegal Machine
January 24th, 2006, 04:59
lol sony must be pissed at this. they cant make another firmware update cuz the h4ck is based off of a GAME! :D since i dont actually want to buy GTA cuz i wil never play it, when 2.5 downgrader comes i will just rent it or somthin but if no downgrader i will buy it used.

P.S. what dumb stuff do you think sony will put in a "3.00" firmware to make people want to upgrade? (if they were even dumb enough to release it). i wonder (this is highly NOT possible) if sony will finally give in and let homebrew conquer the system but no iso loaders, like, they would find every iso loader on the web and digitally sign it so it will do the corrupt data thing and not run. but, then people would just make NEW iso loaders and sony would be scrood (screwed).

Hmmm... I think they'll add increased MS storage capacity to accomodate the new 8 gig cards that are coming out soon... more support for rental service type movies and music. Umm oh and a time machine