PDA

View Full Version : "Worst Mom In Britain" Gets PS3 in Jail

wraggster
December 16th, 2008, 22:07
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2008/12/custom_1229446063192_0275FC3D-CF38-68A6-BF41E5A787103569.jpg

An apparently infamous British mom, imprisoned for having her daughter kidnapped to claim the reward money, received a PS3 in her cell for being a model prisoner, the Sunday Mirror reports.

Karen Matthews, 33, has been categorized as an enhanced prisoner because of her behavior at the New Hall Prison in Wakefield, West Yorks, landing not only a loaner PS3, but a DVD player and television in her cell.

Despite the gaming action, it sounds like Matthews isn't the most popular inmate at the prison, at least according to another inmate.

"She is extremely unpopular with other cons and is kept apart from them. There is an obvious fear that she will be a target for other criminals who want to get her back for what she did to her little girl."

Matthews, who has seven children by five different fathers, was branded the worst mother in Britain after it emerged in court that she routinely neglected her children and blew her benefits cash on drink.

Yikes, I wonder who gets the Wii at that prison?

Evil Shannon mum Karen Matthews gets Playstation as a rewards

http://kotaku.com/5111375/worst-mom-in-britain-gets-ps3-in-jail

Personally i would hang the bitch, how anyone could drug their own child and claim she had been abducted etc is beyond me, lets hope the goverment steps in and takes the console back. Too many damn doogooders in the world.

trugamer
December 16th, 2008, 22:37
Surely she hasn't been in long enough for good behaviour?

And what would she want with a PS3? I don't think you can nick stuff in prison.

EDIT: having re-read it I realise I don't have a problem with her being given a PS3.

A TV as well on the other hand...

That would make a great punishment wouldn't it, "We spent loads on this reward for you, enjoy! You'll need a TV to get it to work by the way." and then walking off.

240-185
December 16th, 2008, 22:46
Why giving her a DVD player, while the PS3 reads DVD too?

apex05
December 16th, 2008, 23:00
If you think about it this could be a sinister ploy by the prison officials.. By giving her all this stuff it just makes people hate her more, and really it makes her stay in prison even harder with the other inmates

mcdougall57
December 17th, 2008, 01:21
Our prisons are seriously ****ed up, they need to make em' harsher in my opinion. I hope the inmates cut a hole in a separation fence and tear her into pieces.

osgeld
December 17th, 2008, 04:44
i agree

you have to really f*k up to wind up in the big house

but yet jailtime seems harder

the worst of the current society gets premium cable, movie time, playtime on a playground, ps3's, library's, a job, which pays better than working for mc craonalds after taxes

when i went to jail (once a few years back) i got a blanket, a concrete floor, 3 meals, but if i wanted something to drink it was either the sink or fight "shook nasty nate simpson" for a cup of iced tea

oh and a mat, that was wet and smelled of mildew, so the floor looked more appealing

now I was only in there for less than 24 hours, so yes it served as a mental reminder to ME not to be a screwup, but when i was talking to some of the guys in there, doing 2,3,4 11/29's in a row, i thought to my self "man you should have just done whatever abit worse, gotten the hilton treatment and been out in 5 with an associates degree"

Eviltaco64
December 17th, 2008, 05:59
Hrm. You goto prison and get a healthy meal, digital cable, and play video games. I think somewhere along the line we became a little too leniant. :p

Jeric
December 17th, 2008, 07:06
Why do I have the sudden urge to go rob a bank?

oh right. if I screw up, I get steady work, a warm place to sleep, food.

If I pull it off I get lots of monies.

Boy, crime is starting to look appealing isn't it?

(seriously, no its not, but it sure as hell looks it!)

splodger15
December 17th, 2008, 07:59
And this is why this country I live in is a ****ing joke. A PS3 in prison she was in plot on her kidnapped daughter and you give her a ps3 in prison. Prison is for serving time not for having a laugh and joke around. Bring back the death penalty thats what I say and take up some american laws

Jeric
December 17th, 2008, 08:58
Bah, the Death Penalty is only ever actually enforced in Texas. Everywhere else you're more likely to die on death row from old age.

rancor01
December 17th, 2008, 09:28
woot! Texas!! We execute retards too, lest you forget...

R4mbo
December 17th, 2008, 11:53
I hope other Prisoners will kick her ass and steal her XBOX!

Sonny_Jim
December 17th, 2008, 12:41
I was under the assumption that consoles with Wifi capabilities were not allowed in UK prisons due to the ability for the inmates to communicate to the outside world.

newb_fo_life
December 17th, 2008, 14:24
Broadband connection and she will be a pro ps3 player in 3 years :D

Thats quite messed up though.

Ennohex
December 17th, 2008, 19:51
Wow. Rewarded for being an evildoer.
That seems fair.

How many people who are model citizens and not in prison get that reward?

devdj
December 17th, 2008, 20:06
i would like to rip this whore to bits and pieces and toss the remains into a volcano then i would be called a hero and i do hope the inmates make her shit herself and rip her apart for all the suffering she has caused letting this bitch live is a crime itself.

Shrygue
December 17th, 2008, 20:49
Hah, I guess that's another area where UK taxpayers' money goes to; expensive goods for high risk inmates. Really, that takes the mick. How the hell did it manage to come to this?

mcdougall57
December 17th, 2008, 21:14
I was under the assumption that consoles with Wifi capabilities were not allowed in UK prisons due to the ability for the inmates to communicate to the outside world.

The new PS3's don't have wifi do they?

jaws365
December 17th, 2008, 22:22
That's a cute lady!

Eviltaco64
December 17th, 2008, 22:30
The new PS3's don't have wifi do they?

As far as I know, all PS3 consoles except for the launch 20GB NTSC PS3 have wifi.

devdj
December 17th, 2008, 23:41
That's a cute lady!

i wouldn't do her even if i was paid the 10 billion euro irish bank rescession bail out you have sick thoughts man shame one you :eek:

Triv1um
December 17th, 2008, 23:57
i wouldn't do her even if i was paid the 10 billion euro irish bank rescession bail out you have sick thoughts man shame one you :eek:

I would.

I have a erection right now just thinking about it.

---

I don't like how, there are kids out there really wanting a PS3 (or others) and they can't because their parents can't afford it etc.

Then this ****ed up woman, get thrown into prison and get given one.

That PS3 could of been giving to a wanting child.

davidcrew
December 18th, 2008, 15:04
That's horrible. Using children benefits to get drugs and alcohol. She should be allowed to mingle with the other prisoners, then she could get some real justice.