PDA

View Full Version : How Many Games Does It Take To Get The Game & Watch Collection?

wraggster
December 16th, 2008, 22:49
Just like we hypothesized the Game & Watch Collection will be a Club Nintendo gift when the program launches in North America. Currently, the Game & Watch Collection is the most valued item being priced at 800 Gold Coins. That translates to redeeming and completing surveys for16 Wii Games or 27 whole DS games. In real world dollars the Game & Watch Collection costs around $800 if we use $50 for the price of the average Wii game and $30 for the average DS game.

But there are some tricks you can use to maximize your game purchases and earn more coins. If you “indicate intent to buy a game” by marking it on a future purchase list and then buy it you get a bonus 10 coins. Register a game within four weeks of its launch and you get another 10 coins. Filling out a second survey 4-6 weeks after a game launches and you earn another 10 coins.

Follow these steps and you earn 80 coins for a Wii game and 60 coins for a DS game. This way you only need to register 10 Wii Games or 14 DS games to get a coveted copy of Game & Watch Collection. This still costs around $420 - $500 depending if you do this with just DS or Wii games. You might want to register those Wii Shop Channel games too since you get ten coins for each one.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/15/how-many-games-does-it-take-to-get-the-game-and-watch-collection/

pibs
December 17th, 2008, 02:10
Its soo stupid, so okay I registered for club nintendo and all went well I got my username and pass. Now when I try logging in it says invalid user or pass.... Ive changed my pass and still nothing! I would really like to earn me one of those Game & Watch Collection games but at this point I think ill just pirate it since those bastards don't even let me in their "club".

Btw if you have already registered your games or console they do not count no more and you get no points because they don't transfer over.

edit: just found it over at playasia for ten bucks if anyone is interested in it heres the link
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-1pkb-43-8s.html

iofthestorm
December 17th, 2008, 06:03
They do count, a few people have had their stuff transfer but Nintendo's servers are really buggy. Hopefully everything will be sorted out in the near future. Also, it's not like someone would buy games just to get the Game n Watch game, but for those who buy a lot of games it's a nice reward.

Also, if you really just want to get coins and be cheap about it, you should get a bunch of 500 point WiiWare/VC games since those give 2 coins/1$ compared to everything else which gives 1coin/1$ average (if you hold that the average Wii game is $50 and the average (non-SquareEnix) DS game is $30, and the average WiiWare game is $10.

dave auto
December 18th, 2008, 13:30
After coping with Nintendo's not-ready-for-prime-time servers for the last couple of days, I've finally been able to log in, register games and earn coins. Something I'm finding is that my older games can be registered, but don't earn me coins. Games like:

Meteos
Metroid Prime Hunters
LoZ: Twilight Princess (GC version)

I thought I'd make it to 800 coins easy with all the 1st-party Nintendo games I have lying around. Too bad half of them don't seem to count :(