PDA

View Full Version : Lua Lava Lamp Alpha Released

wraggster
January 23rd, 2006, 16:42
Team XodiMac and Lil_fred have released a rather cool demo that looks like Lava Lamps you get in kiddies bedrooms, rather cool too.

screenshot & download via comments:

MaxSMoke
January 24th, 2006, 15:51
Wow, in England kids have Lava Lamps in their room? I dunno about there, but in the US, the only "kids" that have Lava Lamps are usually the ones smoking pot. It's not to say that you can't enjoy a Lava Lamp without pot... but it helps. Either way, they are kinda considered an "Adult" toy over here. Also, water and electricity, all tied together in a breakable container, in a child's room, would be classified as "Child Endangerment" over in the states. I guess kids run around with scissors all day, across the pond.

Update:

Wow.. this is.. by far.. without a doubt.. and with complete certainty... the *WORST* Homebrew anything I've ever seen! It's just 4 frames of video of a Lava Lamp in action. The video doesn't even loop. The blobs start to move and shoot right back where they started from. It's like a very slow, very choppy, very ugly movie... that movie lasts 1 second. If you want to see just how unimpressive a LUA app can be, please download this thing immediately. Otherwise, stay away.