PDA

View Full Version : Portable MasterMind

wraggster
January 23rd, 2006, 18:47
kennethdm has released a new game for the PSP, heres the info from the coder:

<blockquote>This is my first homebrew attempt, it's a simple game, but not so easy to win. The goal is simple, you have to find out what the secret code is.

Using left and right on your analog pad, you select the circle.
Using up and down you change the cirle's color.
If you are satisfied with the colors of the row, press cross,
now the little circles will show how good your guess was:

-the number of green circles is the number of correct colors at the correct place
-the number of blue circles is the number of correct colors at the incorrect place

This game is limited to 6 attempts, it is based on mini mastermind which is a mini version of the original mastermind.

If feedback is positive, I plan on expanding the game with the following:
-more (and harder) game modes
-high score list
-two player mode (one player inputs the code, the other one has to crack it)

for any (constructive) feedback: [email protected] / or this thread</blockquote>

Download via comments:

Xan
January 23rd, 2006, 21:23
Works under 2.0 FW with eboot loader 0.9.
Copy 1.0 version.
Very nice game .

pepegomez
January 23rd, 2006, 21:24
sry but i dont even understand how this game works. and how to get on the right color. too high for me...may someone explain me the system?

kennethdm
January 23rd, 2006, 21:42
the purpose is simple, there is a secret code, which is generated and you can't see until you guess it or until you have guessed 6 times
to help you find this code, every time you guess the circles next to the big ones indicate how many colors are:

-correct and on the right place = green
-correct and on an incorrect place = blue
UPDATE:

The game was updated to version 1.01, just to solve two know bugs:
- double message (you win/you lose) when your last guess is correct (solved)
- "game can't start" problem in psp OS should be fixed (not tested)

Download:

aries2k4
January 23rd, 2006, 22:08
Cool, I used to play mastermind many,many years ago. I´m glad you thought of this for the psp. Good job!!

kiore
January 24th, 2006, 04:33
I was just thinking the other day that master mind would be a good game for psp..
good work

jarraman
January 24th, 2006, 06:11
You Would Not Believe This But I Dreamt About This Game Last Night It Is One Of My All Time Favourite Games. This Is Just So Uncanny Call In The X Files Lol Any Way Cool. Please Expand It To The Ten Hole Version Much Better Please Def Keep An Eye On This Gem

pepegomez
January 24th, 2006, 13:23
hm ok and what if there is another color in the solution for example yllow or red

kennethdm
January 24th, 2006, 13:33
hm ok and what if there is another color in the solution for example yllow or red

I believe you don't really understand how this game works, there is a secret code generated at each new game, this code consists of a combination of red green blue and yellow
you can try to guess this code with the BIG circles
the LITTLE circles however just show a NUMBER of correct circles, like I said before,
the number of green LITTLE circles is the number of BIG circles which have the right color put at the right place
the number of blue LITTLE circles is the number of BIG circles which have the right color put at the wrong place

f.e. If the answer is red blue blue blue, and your guess is yellow blue blue red, the SMALL circles will indicate two green (=correct at correct place) circles referring to the middle two blue, and one blue circle, referring to the red circle of your guess which is present in the secret code, but is NOT at the right place

hope this helps you understand how mastermind works, I didn't come up with the concept, it's a boardgame from years ago which I made digital ant portable

Icekahlua
January 25th, 2006, 08:23
Thanks dude, tha'ts a cool game that I used to play. If you can update with more features.... more holes....