PDA

View Full Version : Halo Type Thing - Renegade

wraggster
December 18th, 2008, 19:55
News/release from iainprice (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=16281&sid=c4f525fede0544c5c856cb38dd9fc1d0)

I've been playing with some ideas for the last five weeks and thought I'd show you guys what I've been up to. It works on my R4 but don't know what other cards will work... oh an emus are not supported....

Its a simple FPS in 3D from scratch with a Quake model to shoot at. It is still in development but uses scripts for the level layout and enemy positioning. The map is a bmp colour map. It is being made with easy upgrades in mind....

D-Pad looks
Touch-screen looks
A forward
B back
X shoot
R strafe
L strafe

Feedback would be good... I know the player height needs some work and jumping would be nice, they are on my list after sliding along the wall rather than a dead stop......

At the moment there is a box building and two ogres. Once they are dead 4 will appear in a line.... simple I know but it's just for debugging.

Any comments?

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

bobdotexe
December 18th, 2008, 23:27
sounds cool... T download it to my R4 and try it out and tell you what I think.

xxTDGPainxx
December 19th, 2008, 04:40
Yeah hi, is there a way to change those controls you mentioned? Because i think it would be better if the controls were like Metroid Prime Hunters, or Golden Rouge Agent, or Dementium.

D-Pad: Move
XBXY Buttons: Also Move
R: shoot
L: nothing
Touch screen: look

MrSkiz
December 19th, 2008, 10:33
You can also add:
- Double tap on touch screen to jump
- Double tap forward to run
- Double tap left/right/down to make evade jump
- mirroring all the controls for lefties

And make use of the border of the touch screen for inventory, weapon management, and other specific action like interaction with environment (open doors, search closets...)

carlitx
December 19th, 2008, 16:32
any screenshots?