PDA

View Full Version : help with format of the roms

dreamer2050
January 24th, 2006, 03:21
finally i m able to run napsterj but the only format iwas able to run was nes. is there a way to convert other files such as smc to convert to nes format. Also i m having problem with sega genesis emulator. when i run emulator one red screen comes. i m putting files in the right place without this sign% folder. i have psp v 1.50.please help
thanks

dreamer2050
January 24th, 2006, 04:27
i have downlaoded dgen0.30 for sega genesis. i tried to run roms but i think roms should be in bin file format. but all icould find was all the roms in gen format. is there certain converter to convert files format
thanks

Kaiser
January 24th, 2006, 06:01
Almost all legit Genesis roms are in .bin format while the majority of Snes roms are in .smc format. Remember when installing emus to not only copy the eboot but the included picture files used to display the menus. Try renaming the extention you can trick the Emu into reading it. I've heard of that working.

jwilds73
January 24th, 2006, 07:36
Maybe try zipping the roms (individually) most EMU's have zipped rom support and this also saves a ton on space. I am comfused by part of you first post. Why do you want to smc to nes files? SMC files run with the SNES emulators and you can just install one of those. RIN plays both GB and GBC files.

dreamer2050
January 26th, 2006, 17:33
thanks for ur guys help. its the best forum for psp. i was confused between two emulators . now everything working fine.