PDA

View Full Version : NYKO Theatre Experience

HolyJaw
January 24th, 2006, 05:59
My friend bought the NYKO Theatre Experience. After installation, he has had massive problems trying to load UMDs on his PSP. He has not installed anything homebrew wise, and has kept up with firmware upgrades (2.6). This information is probably not pertinent because it's hardware, but nonetheless...

He claims he hears the UMD spinning inside the carriage, and making an odd hiss noise he hasn't heard before. He gets the "Error Reading Disk" error. One time, he got Battlefront 2 to work, but then it died again.

Before I begin my own diagnostics testing, does anyone have any idea or information or even hunches as to the solution?

Thanks,

HolyJaw.

MGFox
January 24th, 2006, 09:42
I personally have no idea, but if you seek out a guy named Produkt on this forum...His UMD drive stopped working after he dropped his PSP, but now its working again, maybe he did something to it?!?

Cheers,
Fox

HolyJaw
January 28th, 2006, 06:52
Luckily for my friend, the problem was just that even though he had his UMD's in his cases when he carried them around in his pockets, the plastic popped in at some place near the opening and scratched against the disc, hence the mystery noise. He said he just popped the plastic back in place and every one of them works fine. It seems the appearance of this problem with the usage of the NYKO was just coincidence, but thanks for the reply.