PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Warriors swing out on the Sony handheld

wraggster
January 24th, 2006, 17:54
Source Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=42916&subsectionid=1591)

Koei's Samurai Warriors series is coming to PSP this spring in the form of Samurai Warriors: State of War.

The action strategy game allows gamers to re-enact battles from Japan's feudal past when warlords such as Nobunaga Oda, Shingen Takeda and Kenshin Uesugi struggled for control of the country.

The action is similar to Koei's other hack 'n' slasher, Dynasty Warriors, with your character slicing through clusters of enemy soldiers in open battlefields or booby-trapped citadels.

State of War has an all new story mode which allows you to align your characters with one army corp and experience the conflict from their perspective. Once that has been concluded you can choose another group to align with and chop your way down another story path.

There's also a competitive multiplayer option that allows up to four players to test their tactical nous and button mashing abilities against one another using PSP's Wi-Fi capability.

Samurai Warriors: State of War will be released for PSP on 24 March

ddblue
January 24th, 2006, 23:05
There's another samurai style hack and slash game out for the PSP, I couldn't read the name, but my girlfriend plays it constantly. At first I thought it was this, but the release date here says March, so I guess it can't be. I've never seen anyone use a portable gaming system for as long as she played whatever game that was. She brought it back from Japan, and I guess you can choose from all these samurai, and level each up, and there's a grid that strategically lays out the battlefield, with each tile representing another possible battle.

NeoXCS
January 25th, 2006, 02:24
It could be Dynasty Warriors that shes playing. ;)

MaxSMoke
January 25th, 2006, 12:05
I wonder if this game will have the same horrifically bad camera angles as Dynasty Warriors did on the PSP? That game was fun as first, but after getting gang-banged by three enemy heroes well staring at a wall, for the 50 millionth time, I permanently retired from that frustration-fest. Is it so hard to just give us a nice overhead camera so I can see badguys behind my character? That might also help with slow-down, which was also a HUGE problem with DW on the PSP. No game is fun if you can't see where you're going, what your doing, or who's about to stomp on you.

Privateer
January 26th, 2006, 03:44
If you've played one of those, you've played them all. Waste of money, I say. :0