PDA

View Full Version : PSP Rythm 3.0

wraggster
January 24th, 2006, 22:27
PSP Rhythm (http://www.psprhythm.com/) is a homebrew drum machine for the Sony Playstation Portable.

Inspired by classic drum machines such as the Linndrum and Roland TR-series, PSP Rhythm has been created to use the simple, yet effective 16 step style drum sequencer. PSP Rhythm incorporates the use of audio sample playback instead of drum synthesis. PSP Rhythm has been directly influenced by one of our favorite modern drum machines, the Elektron MachineDrum. The most significant is our use of "parameter locks" (as used by the MachineDrum). Parameter locks enable you to change the pitch, volume, balance, start and end time per step to create moving, changing melodies and effects. This control over your sounds will give you much more creative freedom and allow you to not only use drums, but to use instruments in your music.

Thank you for all of your support!

01-24-2006 PSP Rhythm 3.0 Release! New Features: Reverse Drums, Start and End times per drum hit and Wave File output! These new features will let you create some amazing songs and then share them!

Download via comments

bill00000
January 25th, 2006, 03:35
This is absolutely awesome! I've wanted one of these with a pitch shifter forever!

DrSarcasmo
January 25th, 2006, 09:14
Incredible piece of software, Guys! Thank You!

There is only 1 problem. The drum kits on your website aren't there. I have the samples that came with the software, but I want to play with the Korg samples. Any idea when they will be back up on your site?

Either way, thanks for the hard work you put in. I'll try to do it justice...: )

Dr. Sarcasmo

MaxSMoke
January 25th, 2006, 11:54
Hey, I got the PSP USB microphone (from Talkman). Is there anyway to add some real-time recording, like they do in Electroplankton, to this mixer? Or the PSP Headset, that also would work.

bill00000
January 25th, 2006, 13:23
Hey, I got the PSP USB microphone (from Talkman). Is there anyway to add some real-time recording, like they do in Electroplankton, to this mixer? Or the PSP Headset, that also would work.
That would be neat. You could write and record a song anywhere. My wish list goes something like:

-some kind of synth
-A piano roll
-Ability to end samples early (a long piano note for example. You wouldn't want it ringing when the next note comes.) *Edit: Nevermind, it has that!
-More instrument slots

But this is awesome! This is the only drum machine that will stay on my PSP for any period of time.

not here anymore
January 25th, 2006, 22:52
Fantastic application. :D
Later,

TSR

mac daddy 21
March 16th, 2006, 23:13
how do u download the rhythm thing