PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Awards 2008 - Best DS Homebrew of All Time ?

wraggster
December 21st, 2008, 13:25
http://i41.tinypic.com/2uggeap.gif

This isnt a serious awards thing but a way to guage public reaction as to what the people here at DCEmu think is the best in each category for the Year of 2008, ill let each category run until the end of Dec 31st to see who has won, theres no prizes but it will be interesting to see whats the winner voted exclusively by the members of DCEmu.

So one vote each.

Whats the Best DS Homebrew of all time?

Your Votes Via Comments - GIve some info for your vote too.

TeenDev
December 21st, 2008, 20:56
Video Games Hero by Sumiguchi.

He worked so hard on this all year and I commend him for it. It was a very professional game and has a lot of re-playability as well as something like a 600 Hour playing time to complete. I've been in the DS Homebrew scene pretty much since it began, and I must say that it is the best DS homebrew I have ever played.

goshogun1
December 21st, 2008, 21:31
jenesisDS. After that, ApprenticeDS.

rohan6b
December 21st, 2008, 21:45
dsorganize

unigamer
December 22nd, 2008, 08:33
Video Game Hero. I've played it so much!

Runners up: Pocket Physics, Colors, Still Alive, Platdude 18 Games Collection and all the emulators.

MrSkiz
December 22nd, 2008, 09:30
I vote DScent : best port ever made for the DS.
runners up : DSdoom, StillAlive, Quake2DS, Flight from the Dark

pez2k
December 23rd, 2008, 05:34
DSOrganize was the point at which my DS stopped being a games console and became a cheap PDA that could also handle Zelda. It's so handy that I replaced moonshell on my R4's main menu, and if I could have been bothered to carry a pocket full of carts I'd have replaced the whole firmware. A close second would be DSReader, doing for the portability of books what the R4 does for my games, and with the nicest font rendering I've seen on a handheld, not to mention competing favourably with actual retail eBook readers.