PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Awards 2008 - Wii Homebrew of the Year

wraggster
December 21st, 2008, 13:37
http://i41.tinypic.com/2uggeap.gif

This isnt a serious awards thing but a way to guage public reaction as to what the people here at DCEmu think is the best in each category for the Year of 2008, ill let each category run until the end of Dec 31st to see who has won, theres no prizes but it will be interesting to see whats the winner voted exclusively by the members of DCEmu.

So one vote each.

Whats the Wii Homebrew of the Year ?

Your Votes Via Comments - GIve some info for your vote too.

Baboon
December 21st, 2008, 16:27
UAE4Wii ...followed by wiiengine. :)

Dr Eggman
December 21st, 2008, 17:40
Does the homebrew channel count as one? If so, then +1 for the Homebrew channel!

WhizzBang
December 21st, 2008, 18:44
Yes, Homebrew Channel. I was going to vote for Homebrew Browser until I read Dr Eggmans post.

Out of the emulators I love Fuse and really hope it is still being worked on.

firemaster#1
December 21st, 2008, 21:05
ocerina love that cheat device

goshogun1
December 21st, 2008, 23:04
Snes9X is my no.1. I so am hoping for CPS1 and 2 emu's next year because the awesome Neogeo emu showed me the possibilities.

havoc_012
December 21st, 2008, 23:27
Home brew channel

h2923j42n2
December 22nd, 2008, 01:26
Other than the Twilight Hack, I would say the Homebrew Channel. If the Homebrew Channel is not a possible selection, I would say GeckoOS/Ocarina.

TVarmy
December 22nd, 2008, 15:41
Definitely the Homebrew Channel, if that is an option. It made it all easy enough that homebrew for the Wii went from being a curiosity to being as easy and convenient as a Nintendo channel. Each release smoothed out more and more rough edges, and it's shaping up to be the single best accessory one can get for the Wii, a console flooded with pointless and expensive accessories. Luckily, the Homebrew Channel is free :).

If I have to name something other than HBC, I'd say I had the most fun with the SNES 9X emulator. Very few bugs, and it has evolved a lot over the year as well. I don't know how much was technically involved in porting it to the Wii, but it certainly runs plenty fast and reliably.

Of course, if you want a suggestion other than an emulator, I liked the Mplayer addition as well, especially when it gained DVD playback. Of course, I guess DVD playback was more of a "hack" than "homebrew development," but reading from burned DVD-Rs is also really promising for homebrew.

KristenBaldousor
December 22nd, 2008, 20:37
Homebrew Channel!!!!!!

I'd choose WiiGator Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma but i'm pretty sure many around here ain't agree with his work hence no knews about it here

grossaffe
December 23rd, 2008, 11:13
definitely homebrew channel.