PDA

View Full Version : SNES emulation on GTA (Play Snes Games on v2.0 to v2.5)

wraggster
January 25th, 2006, 07:00
Fanjita has done it again, heres the news he posted (http://www.fanjita.org/) earlier:

<blockquote>We finally made a more solid breakthrough with the EBOOT loader for GTA tonight. Not only does the menu now work properly, but I've also managed to run the uo_SNES9x emulator, and play the Pilotwings ROM (the only one I have), on both v2.0 and v2.5.

At the moment everything is hanging together with a pretty nasty hack. Ideally I'd like to get that fixed up before release, but it's more likely that we'll decide to release things as they currently are, and iron out that issue later.

Please note that lots of basic homebrew is still not working, but I thought that getting SNES emulation running was a big enough milestone to celebrate! Also, if we do decide to release, it will take a few days to knock the code into a releasable format. </blockquote>

Awesome stuff eh ;)

felonyr301
January 25th, 2006, 07:12
thats it i hope fanjita wins the lotto very soon cause you really are good you deserve a big lump sum of money seriously great job. i would like to know how SONY would tackle this now to my knowledge they cant have a recalll or anything to change the gta save thingy so they fu#ked lol

wraggster
January 25th, 2006, 07:15
I wouldnt be so sure, Sony are probably working on a solution right now, but great stuff from Fanjita

califrag
January 25th, 2006, 07:34
fanjita wouldn't need to win the lotto if you (and the admins) would encourage people to visit his site (www.fanjita.org) and either click the ads a few times (free for you) or click the donate button a few times (recommended)... I imagine there's a few hundred thousand PSP owners out there using his FW2.0 EBOOT Loader right now... and with this new release there will be a few hundred thousand more! now if only everyone could just donate a dollar...

.:PSP1.0:.
January 25th, 2006, 07:53
Excellent news.. Fanjita is a LEGEND and a great asset to the PSP comunity.. I hope the hombrew scene never dies out cos i'm lovin it too much! lol :p

benjamalin
January 25th, 2006, 08:37
It's quite easy,

when sony will upgrade firmware, they simply do a firmware that check all savegames and delete fake savegames.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 25th, 2006, 08:45
Jesus is there no stopping this guy...All I can say is WOW !!!!

MaxSMoke
January 25th, 2006, 11:47
These News posts are great, but let's see the results before we Deify. *THEN* we'll build the alter and bring out the virgin sacrifices.

Does Fanjita favor Blondes or Brunettes? I just need to know who to line up for this....

Addictedd
January 25th, 2006, 12:37
I heard they aren't planning to release any more updates yet and now so many psps have been sold these psps wont be the "new" firmware that will be released so people will be able to play homebrew but then i suppose it was the same in non-EU countries with 1.0-2.0 firmware :/

gotmilk0112
January 25th, 2006, 12:41
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT GO FANJITA U R T3H H4Xx0R$!!!!!! i can't wait!!! i wanna buy GTA ASAP!!!!

*bows to fanjita*

GameSharkGX
January 25th, 2006, 12:43
It's quite easy,

when sony will upgrade firmware, they simply do a firmware that check all savegames and delete fake savegames.

But even if a new fw is made it wont fix this exploit becouse it uses a glitch in gta not in the sony fw.

The only resion we even have this, is becouse of sony's stobornness to make it a 2.0 requirment.

If gta was a 1.5 release, we probly would have had no incetive to even modify this.

Also Gta isnt the only one with the glitch.
All UMD games contain a savegame glitch in one form or another.

So the is no way sony can patch all the save game in all old games.

So a Final Note
We Win!!! Sony we win and you lose
You might as well give up cus this one is in the bag

jman420
January 25th, 2006, 13:03
Total awesomeness! I cant wait for the new technilogical dawn!

DraconumPB
January 25th, 2006, 14:21
YAY I DONATED TO FANJITA AND CLICKED ON AN AD. W00000T.

ok.. so it was like, 5 bucks.. but still.. it's more than zero, right? everybody's got 5 bucks in their paypal accounts, don't they? ;)

shiftybill
January 25th, 2006, 15:33
all the more reason for me to upgrade if a game is worth it, im lookng at either Street fighter double upper or Splinter Cell Essentials.

iniquitous_beast
January 25th, 2006, 15:43
Excellent work, fanjita, you're a great asset to the community. To those of you wondering how sony will fix this "problem", my theory is that they will simply patch the GTA game code for all new copies of the game. After that, you can immagine that exploitable copies will start selling for a pretty penny on ebay.
Of course, sony probably won't act right away, after all, nothing currently running via the GTA hack can reall hurt their sales. In fact, snes emulation ,might actually help the psp in the upcoming console wars, especially against the Revolution.

Xan
January 25th, 2006, 15:55
Excellent work, fanjita, you're a great asset to the community. To those of you wondering how sony will fix this "problem", my theory is that they will simply patch the GTA game code for all new copies of the game. After that, you can immagine that exploitable copies will start selling for a pretty penny on ebay.
Of course, sony probably won't act right away, after all, nothing currently running via the GTA hack can reall hurt their sales. In fact, snes emulation ,might actually help the psp in the upcoming console wars, especially against the Revolution.
Well they would have to make Rockstar patch GTA , and i bet Rockstar is now very happy with this exploit , the sales of GTA will go up by alot.So i highly doubt it will happen.Gona pick up GTA:LCS soon :P.
Once again great work fanjita <3.

MikeDX
January 25th, 2006, 20:11
I'm interested to know if fanjita has worked out how to get sound running on the 2.01+s... although it's not a big deal to me, i'm just keen to see this stuff working.

PLEASE CLICK HIS BANNERS AND DONATE IF YOU CAN

urherenow
January 25th, 2006, 23:54
umnn... are we forgetting that UMDs can only be produced by Sony? Sony can by all rights refuse to produce more copies until Rockstar Games patches the hole if they wanted to...

idapimp
January 26th, 2006, 00:26
wow. im gonna donate some money to help the efforts of fanjita the GOD. keep kickin sony's ass!

Fanjita
January 26th, 2006, 13:39
I'm interested to know if fanjita has worked out how to get sound running on the 2.01+s... although it's not a big deal to me, i'm just keen to see this stuff working.

PLEASE CLICK HIS BANNERS AND DONATE IF YOU CAN

Sound is working perfectly on everything that I've managed to run. The GTA loader is a bit smarter (so far) than the TIFF loader in its management of the sound resources - I'll be back-applying those smarts to the TIFF loader once everything settles down enough for a unified release of the loader on both GTA and TIFF simultaneously.

wraggster
January 26th, 2006, 13:49
hmm makes you wonder if we will see revised versions of the GTA game soon to close the hole.

But in some ways as long as we dont get iso loaders on v2.01 to v2.6 psps maybe Sony wont be too worried, remember at the moment this is great news for sales of GTA