PDA

View Full Version : Update of Snes9xTyl from laxer3a

miemt11
January 25th, 2006, 10:27
Hi, Received the source from latest version. Yoyo told me about a bug in the mode7 tuning I did. So I need to take a look to it... Yoyo need also to fix some stuff before release. But at least give us some days... We will try to release before two weeks. If you are lucky may be beginning of next week. Yoyo is wondering about which features need to be added to this release. Personnaly I am for game genie feature... Because quite a lot of people requested it. Yoyo talked also about mp3 players feature as it is already available in the other emu. Of course the main event is the sound moved to the Media Engine. and mode7 tuning. See you guys. He he he Its going to rock within two weeks on the forums

check here for detail and truth

http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1137726744

Media Engine is a second CPU inside the CPU. We use it as a coprocessor to do the sound generation of the SPC700 (snes sound chip). Now you will have 44 Khz full audio quality at the same speed as "no sound with emulation". The SPC700 CPU is still emulated on the main cpu I believe... the sound GENERATION is done on the ME.

check here for detail and truth
http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1137726744&page=2

theelise
January 25th, 2006, 10:51
great news, hopefully if the sound emulation/processing is moved to the ME then we could potentially be looking at full speed emulation with no frame skip. hmmm interesting. Thanks for the heads up as i have not been following the snes emu of late.

By the way miemt11 whats up with the ps2-dev board? forums seem unavailable and unable to reach. I was on there yesterday grabbing a few of your files but cant seem to reach the site as of last late last night?

miemt11
January 25th, 2006, 11:17
great news, hopefully if the sound emulation/processing is moved to the ME then we could potentially be looking at full speed emulation with no frame skip. hmmm interesting. Thanks for the heads up as i have not been following the snes emu of late.

By the way miemt11 whats up with the ps2-dev board? forums seem unavailable and unable to reach. I was on there yesterday grabbing a few of your files but cant seem to reach the site as of last late last night?

I facing the same problem also, from yesterday until now.

I dont know why, i guess is server maintain

wraggster
January 25th, 2006, 18:32
the forums do go down now and again