PDA

View Full Version : Guy Gets Death Threat Over Xbox Live, Has To Pay To Change His Gamertag

wraggster
December 23rd, 2008, 12:01
Our buddy Zatz over at Zatz Not Funny received a death threat over Xbox Live. t's unclear whether it was a real one or just some kid mouthing off, but it doesn't matter.

According to Zatz, some guy who couldn't hack it in Call of Duty said, "I’ll kill you in real life with a real gun." That's when Zatz decided that he should really change his gamertag (Zatz) to one that's not quite as easily identifiable to him. Smart move, in my opinion, since there've been enough crazy Xbox killings to make you think twice when someone threatens you.

The sad part is that even after complaining to Microsoft and telling them why he had to change the tag, he had to pay 800 Microsoft Points ($10) to change his gamertag. And, it seems, the support staff didn't really care that much that death threats were given on the service. Really shitty that people are paying for the service (even if the service is great) and have to pay more to protect themselves from threats by other users.

http://gizmodo.com/5116205/guy-gets-death-threat-over-xbox-live-has-to-pay-to-change-his-gamertag

carlitx
December 23rd, 2008, 16:06
Typical Microsoft.

Shrygue
December 23rd, 2008, 22:55
What the hell? That's just stupid, really he ought to have been able to change it for free.

kjetil1991
December 28th, 2008, 11:36
What the hell? That's just stupid, really he ought to have been able to change it for free.

so did I :confused:

devdj
December 29th, 2008, 17:51
my gamertag used to be superdevdj but then some noobish americans started calling me superdevil or some crap like that i don't even believe in the devil or god or religion for that matter so i had to change it to PsychoSawTrap now everyone i meet online will know and fear me when i do battle online.

carlitx
December 29th, 2008, 19:49
my gamertag used to be superdevdj but then some noobish americans started calling me superdevil or some crap like that i don't even believe in the devil or god or religion for that matter so i had to change it to PsychoSawTrap now everyone i meet online will know and fear me when i do battle online.

Kind of off topic but people can never pronounce Car-Lit-X like that. lol I've been called Car-Clix, Kart-Lit, and they keep going on. Although now that i re call i think about 5-10 people have pronounced my name right over XBL lol.