PDA

View Full Version : be Z(e)N !

Asylum
December 2nd, 2004, 00:50
http://membres.lycos.fr/asylumsoftware/

quzar
December 2nd, 2004, 00:58
that looks amazing. is it going to be free for download or a commercial release?

Darksaviour69
December 2nd, 2004, 03:55
ok it took me a while to figure out that it was french (i'm to too good with languages)
so babel fish

Welcome to the official site of Zen! Have you dreamed of escaping reality? Asylum Software proposes a voyage beyond your expectations, delving deep into your spirit. Our blue planet needs you. Our ecosystem is failing; man continues his mad nature of destroying everything in his path, and you are the only one who can restore the balance of the elements. Using water, fire, terrain, wind, and life, use your brain to return each element to the purity of it's origin.

Zen is an experiment of the senses, combining gripping gameplay with a beautiful graphically and musically enriched environment. The new play system, Virtual Brain Damage, will put even the most astute gamers to the test, or will cause you to go completely insane in the process! Saving the planet isn't going to be easy, will your spirit be pure enough to overcome this challenge? The game is on, it's necessary to remain ZeN...

Release your spirit! Zen will be available in 2005 exclusively on Dreamcast.

MetaFox
December 2nd, 2004, 08:30
Darksaviour69: I de-babelfished it a bit for you (here and on the front page). :P

Asylum: Looks good, I hope it comes out. Though, you understand my reservations of course, since it's on the free Lycos France website. We've been burned in the Dreamcast community one two many times before, so I like to stay overly cautious.

Though, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as it looks like you've put alot of effort in this. I can't download the videos, as Lycos France is too slow from where I am, but the screenshots look amazing.

If this does get released, I'm sure you'll gain more than enough fans, me included. Keep up the good work.

Darksaviour69
December 2nd, 2004, 08:41
the vidoes look class, i will upload them to dcemu, so not to kill the BW on your geocites site.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/darks69/ZeN.wmv 9.6mb

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/darks69/VBD.wmv 0.7mb

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/darks69/ingame.wmv 1.5 mb

Asylum
December 2nd, 2004, 13:39
that looks amazing. is it going to be free for download or a commercial release?

commercial release only. Thanks for the translation, i put it on the website. ;)

quzar
December 2nd, 2004, 14:46
commercial release only. Thanks for the translation, i put it on the website. *;)

who is pressing it for you?? As far as i know the Goat Store is the only place that is working on producing DC media outside of japan.

c99koder
December 2nd, 2004, 15:29
The videos are cool. Good luck, will it be available outside of France?

Asylum
December 2nd, 2004, 17:24
who is pressing it for you?? As far as i know the Goat Store is the only place that is working on producing DC media outside of japan.

We don't know actually, we're trying to finish the game before ;)

segafreak2
December 15th, 2004, 03:01
That game is 2 cool 8) 4 skool! Please release it, will it be multi lingual? ???

Christuserloeser
December 30th, 2004, 12:05
That's a damn good lookin game :)

Asylum
January 10th, 2005, 23:01
A new music and a forum have been set on the website. ;)

Darksaviour69
January 11th, 2005, 03:42
from the forum

Hello has all! Z(e)N is a play of reflexion intended for the community of Dreamcast players in evil of feelings. After grinds meetings on the scheme of work has to approach, Dreamcast seemed to us to be the console more has to even accomodate such a play. It allows a simple development compared to its competitors and has a very active scene homebrew envisaged for the end 2005, Z(e)N is always in phase of realization. The play will be multilingual (French and English) and will comprise 50 basic levels. A pressing in factory is very strongly considered. If c'est the case, it will be provided with an album of the musics of the play. The play will not be multijoueurs for l'instant, but such an option is considered. An editor of level will be also of the part to carry out to you even your challenges Z(e)N and the uploader on Internet in order to divide them has the community of players of the whole world. All l'équipe wishes you a good year 2005 and is has your provision if you have questions. Asylum.

how much of the game have you done, and is there a chance of a demo, even a technical one just to prove that this is not a (another) hoax

Christuserloeser
January 11th, 2005, 05:10
A new music and a forum have been set on the website. *;)

Cool. Good luck to you :)

A commercial release would be highly appreciated. You guys should get in contact with the GOAT store... ;)

Asylum
January 14th, 2005, 20:07
about 60/70% - A demo will be availlable soon.

Christuserloeser
January 15th, 2005, 08:27
That's great news ;D