PDA

View Full Version : Home Already Rakin' In The Dough

wraggster
December 24th, 2008, 11:25
Sony must have taken a lesson from Nintendo and decided to go out and get their own license to print money. Where can I get one of those?

In an interview with Silicon Alley Insider, Susan Panico, Sr. Director of the Playstation Network with Sony, said Playstation Home items are "selling like hotcakes" and that the company had generated more revenue in the first four days of its release than the video service being offered on PSN did in its launch week. When you consider Home's pricing of items ranges from 49 cents to $4.99 to videos priced upwards of $14.99 that's a lot of digital digs.

It's a classic 80/20 model, where 20 percent of your customers create 80 percent of your income," she said.

Panico continued on to say that costumes, specifically Santa Claus, have been the highest sellers and noted about possibility of partnering with other companies and their IPs. I'm sure that means, at some point, we'll see Helghast clans running around or people wearing Sack Boy face masks in the future.

Anyone here actually pony up for items?

http://kotaku.com/5117213/home-already-rakin-in-the-dough

Triv1um
December 24th, 2008, 12:50
I'm not buying anything on Home until they sort all the problems out.

Before you use, the "Z0mG, its a beta" card, in my opinion thats no reason to not let you sign on when there has been 2 updates of having the same problem.

Private beta worked fine.

DPyro
December 24th, 2008, 17:59
I got all the items free, so no I didn't buy any :p

BlacknBlue13
December 24th, 2008, 20:57
No I have enough free clothes from the closed beta. And besides, I was a little taken aback by the fact that they charge for everything. They should really just have some free clothes and maybe some premium clothes that people can pay for.

silverstein101
December 25th, 2008, 02:27
i would buy stuff if i had a psn card. i won't use my credit card on my ps3 cause i'd just waste all of my money.

but yeah, i thought it was crazy that people did that, but then i went to the mall today and realized jeans were only $.49 a pair

i plan on getting some stuff

ICE
December 25th, 2008, 02:31
Sony can kiss me behind if they think I am going to pay for virtual pants and I would submit to you that if you bought virtual pants you should get a life.

F9zDark
December 25th, 2008, 02:35
Sony can kiss me behind if they think I am going to pay for virtual pants and I would submit to you that if you bought virtual pants you should get a life.

50 cents for a pair pants is nothing. I bought a pair of camo pants. I look at it more like this:

We aren't so much buying virtual uselessness; rather we are investing in Sony's continued endeavor of the PSN and Home.

Is 50 cents, every once in a while a big deal for supporting Sony's free to use PSN? Not in my mind.