PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Screen Shatter

shadowriffe
December 25th, 2008, 03:22
I had a neat idea for a gameboot while playing Dissidia. The famous and really awesome screen shatter/swirl effect when hitting a random encounter on an RPG. Granted you couldn't just have one single gameboot, cause that would lose the point of the effect. And I highly doubt that a prx could be made that did the effect when you click on a game, even though that would be the coolest and most effective way.

However, Imagine this. A front end program that takes a background image, or maybe even a bit of the background effect, and then makes a swirl/shatter effect file, syncs it to the sound effect and then spits out a gameboot. You could even have it input the theme file, I've seen previewers like that.

Idunno if it's possible, I can't make it myself, but I think it'd be a pretty sweet utility.

Wally
December 25th, 2008, 08:50
I don't think any dev would waste their time over cosmetic things..

Although 95% of the people who claim they are a dev make simple little shells that are most likely a replica of others. Go fetch.

Its probably not going to be easy. If it was, it'd be very unstable.

It'd be possible sure, but as mentioned it'd be hard to find someone who would spend time making such a thing.