PDA

View Full Version : Help with Duo 3 Ultra modchip

ClamJuice
December 25th, 2008, 22:36
Ok, I'm in need of some help. I'm not new to modding systems, I've got a PSP running 5.00 m33-4 (easy to do, I know) and a GameCube with a Qoob Pro installed. My most recent venture into modding was getting a Duo 3 Ultra for my fat PS2. My brother (who is better at soldering than me) installed it (and also installed my Qoob Pro as well as beta tested the yowii mod chip for the Wii) and I can't find documentation on how to use it. Help? My brother recommended the chip because it was cheap (never a good sign) and it boasted the same features as all the other chips. Personally, I wanted the DMS4 S.E. Pro, but he advised against it because the Duo 3 Ultra could do everything the DMS4 S.E. Pro could for much cheaper. Please help, I'm at my wits end and my brother's life rides on your help. The issue is I can't figure out how to use it. And, sadly, the intarwebs have proved useless as far as documentation, so I turn to the pros. ;-)
-Scott "ClamJuice" Hollibaugh

Kilakro
March 3rd, 2009, 06:29
I personally have the same chip so I know what you mean so far I've used to to play same region backups of ps2 games and hadn't tried a ps1 game till I read your post so I burnt one just to see how it works and it works just fine the only thing I can really think they should have told customers (I looked as well when I first got it) is if you hold start when you turn on the ps2 it will disable the mod chip then hit reset so your games don't detect it it will be turned on again once you turn the ps2 off and back on again. Well I hope that helped you out