PDA

View Full Version : Doom fanatics

DWShadow
December 26th, 2008, 07:19
Hey, I'm a huge Doom fan and love NXDoom on the DC. In fact I have Doom: Ultimate, Doom II: Hell on Earth, Final Doom: TNT Evilution, Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment, Doom: The Lost Episodes (Even used XWE to change the Title Bitmap to say Lost Episodes, and the menu title bitmap), and Doom II: The Master Levels (Again made my own title pic using XWE, also used XWE to merge all of the individual Wads of Mater Levels into one big wad) all on one Disc. But there's still ID (Or ID contracted) levels missing from this wicked Doom collection. If you're a Doom fan then you know what I'm talking about. Doom 64: Absolution, now an excellent team already used it's source to port it to the PC as a TC. Because it's a TC we can't simply use the wad for Doom 2 over NXDoom (Oh how I wish we could). So how much work would it be to port D: Absolution to the DC? From it's N64 source? Or from it's PC total conversion? Or would it be possible to scale down the PC TC to work using the Doom 2 Wad and on NXDoom? Am I a crazy Doom fan, yes! I'm so sad that the Deathmatch and better music features of NXDoom never saw any further progress! I love Doom on my DC! But I want the entire Saga! Absolution is missing!!!!

Christuserloeser
December 29th, 2008, 12:33
I understand where you are coming from, but the PC port of Doom 64 uses an advanced engine that would be way too much work to port to Dreamcast. Easier to just buy a cheap N64 and the original game.

Now using Chui's DreamEdge port, that might be worth checking out...

As for the music options, nxDoom just requires little work from the user to create the XM files for more music:

http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=75142