PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading Is Easier Than We Think. .

YourStillWithMe
January 26th, 2006, 00:42
Ok everyone, we all know that hardly anywhere ships 2.00 and lower and our recent buyers are stuck with 2.01 and up. Also the urge to upgrade is increasing bit by bit and im sure a lot of us have been playing our emus for some time. (I'll never upgrade though. . ) Anyway we all remember the 2.00 downgrade correct? After that text came up we went over to the system info and saw that it said 1.00 and it was actually a 2.00 but was disguised, like a version changer. If we can get a SNES emulator to run on a 2.50 than we can Def get a downgrade at least for 2.01 All we need to do is create a version changer that makes it look like it is a 1.00 like we did before. All we need to create is a version changer and than run the 1.50 update like we did before. Will it brick our psp's? Maybe! But does anyone else have any other brighter ideas? Also-I agree wirth the fact that we should focus on cracking the newer systems but it's just not happening fast enough. Honestly, I believe that not enough time was spent on the 2.00 firmware. It was like ok 2.01 is out screw working on this firmware man. We only have half of the homebrew running, screw it! We progressed better working on 2.00 than we will on 2.01 and up because the task is harder.

IndianCheese
January 26th, 2006, 02:22
Exactly what I have said. People are just too lazy to do it. But that isn't the real goal we have. We all looked over it in the past, and now downgrading is all we can muster up. We have overlooked trying to get homebrew and the features of the new updates, because they are undoubtedly awesome. Or even better: crack the digital signature.

Vangar
January 26th, 2006, 02:27
If we crack the digital signature, isn't that going against what this site is up for? What i mean is, you don't have ISOs but you will gladly crack the Playstation code? Its a fine line, just my opinion.

Kaiser
January 26th, 2006, 07:28
Making a downgrader just simply isen't a big concern. Downgrading is fine and all but the goal is now to make it possible for both homebrew and new games to run. Downgrading won't solve that. Thats just a more important thing to put work into then a downgrader.

If we crack the digital signature, isn't that going against what this site is up for? What i mean is, you don't have ISOs but you will gladly crack the Playstation code? Its a fine line, just my opinion.

Well no one has cracked the digital signature and I doubt any one ever will crack it so its not an issue.

YourStillWithMe
January 26th, 2006, 11:58
Kaiser-When did you become a moderator? Good job man!

MGFox
January 26th, 2006, 22:09

Its not a fine line at all if you think about it...One is piracy, stealing a commercial product. The other is opening up a system to home developers, if anything it will help increase the sales of the PSPs! We just need to do it in a way that prevents piracy, much like 2.00 does now!

Anyway, as Kaiser said, it ain't gonna happen!

I am in agreement that, although downgrading might be possible, its not the ultimate answer! Fanjita has said that the GTA Exploit has improved his understanding of the PSPs RAM, and therefore may be able to make the Eboot Loader more memory efficient getting even more homebrew running on 2.00+.

Cheers,
Fox

Kaiser
January 26th, 2006, 22:19
Kaiser-When did you become a moderator? Good job man!

Thanks

IndianCheese
January 27th, 2006, 02:29
It is somewhat not even a matter of cracking it...if their PBP compiler (which I have seen before) somehow gets leaked, there will be no need to crack it; it will already be at our fingertips. Then, someone could use that info to create a PBP installer/patcher thing and call it "Mr. Forge".

THE ANSWER
February 2nd, 2006, 09:06
Will the current version changers work on the GTA loader? I have a white psp with v2.6. I hate it and Im willing to run the risk of brickin it to download it to a 1.5.

YourStillWithMe
February 3rd, 2006, 11:55
Be patient, no there isn't a downgrade for it only 2.00 but you can still run a small portion of homebrew apps on the 2.60

THE ANSWER
February 3rd, 2006, 12:07
Well I already have a 1.5, but its the idea of downgrading a 2.6 with a version changer like pspsetx sound, very realistic, but I would like to know if pspstex works with the GTA eloader, since I dont own the game I cant try to see if pspsetx works, If somebody tells me that it does work Ill buy the game and Ill go all the way trying to downgrade it.

DPyro
February 3rd, 2006, 18:47
The PSPSet App will never work (chances are it WILL brick your PSP). The MPH downgrader uses a special file called index.dat which contains the firmware version info. Sony has changed how they store the formware version info in later versions so it's not that 'simple'.

Skye
February 4th, 2006, 23:46
You can't write to flash in anything 2.01 and up so there is no chance...

Libernullmal
February 27th, 2006, 19:46
what about having a program that uses the usb connection from your pc to access the flash and editing or coding or whatever it is? I am sure I am I have no clue but I kinda think about how they get into a Cisco Router through RTJ22 and a laptop.... eh just a though.

brodo
March 1st, 2006, 14:31
I'm shure .. sony made the 1st downgrader. This maybe was already posted here.. Sony hacks the psp itself.. and someone @ sony know a magic combo to downgrade on the fly.. triangle..triangle..left..square.square.. down (3 times).. something like that.. I'm shure!

Hungry Horace
March 2nd, 2006, 14:25
...and someone @ sony know a magic combo to downgrade on the fly.. triangle..triangle..left..square.square.. down (3 times).. something like that.. I'm shure!

unfortunately you've just pulled off a "fatality" on your PSP and bricked it... :rolleyes:

Vyxerion
March 20th, 2006, 21:07
Alright I have a 2.60 PSP (and I regret buying one if it weren't for the snazzy white color and Sharp LCD)

My friend and I are trying to figure out how safe it'd be to run PSPsetX on it to downgrade the 2.60. Now I'm not willing to forfeit $250 to see whether this 50/50 chance works. So I've come to this forum in desperate hopes of an answer.

Here's what we plan to do:
1) Run the GTA exploit to run Homebrew for 2.6 (I already own the GTA UMD)
2) Run PSPsetX 0.2 (or would 0.3 be better?) to change the version name to 1.0
3) Run the PSP updater to 1.5

We also plan to do more testing on the location and integrity of the index.dat

Thanks SO much for your viewing and possible replies - they are GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!

Inigo Montoya
March 20th, 2006, 23:21
Be patient, no there isn't a downgrade for it only 2.00 but you can still run a small portion of homebrew apps on the 2.60

Which games run on 2.6 and what are the constraints when writing one.
And please tell me that they don't require GTA. Because I am really short of cash and its either buy GTA or buy a new computer. Obviously (If you read my Marathon thread) I would have to choose the computer.

Well thanks, Bye.

Hawkeyefile
March 21st, 2006, 01:00
Inigo Montoya, dont worry about the computer so much, if you port marathon, you will have enough money to buy a cheap laptop/pc.

BrooksyX
March 23rd, 2006, 19:45
Ok everyone, we all know that hardly anywhere ships 2.00 and lower and our recent buyers are stuck with 2.01 and up. Also the urge to upgrade is increasing bit by bit and im sure a lot of us have been playing our emus for some time. (I'll never upgrade though. . ) Anyway we all remember the 2.00 downgrade correct? After that text came up we went over to the system info and saw that it said 1.00 and it was actually a 2.00 but was disguised, like a version changer. If we can get a SNES emulator to run on a 2.50 than we can Def get a downgrade at least for 2.01 All we need to do is create a version changer that makes it look like it is a 1.00 like we did before. All we need to create is a version changer and than run the 1.50 update like we did before. Will it brick our psp's? Maybe! But does anyone else have any other brighter ideas? Also-I agree wirth the fact that we should focus on cracking the newer systems but it's just not happening fast enough. Honestly, I believe that not enough time was spent on the 2.00 firmware. It was like ok 2.01 is out screw working on this firmware man. We only have half of the homebrew running, screw it! We progressed better working on 2.00 than we will on 2.01 and up because the task is harder.

WOW,
are you retarted?
this was covered a long time ago, 2.01 and above is totally different than 2.0 and below. The whole make up of the way the fimrware is written is way different. People tried to make a downgrader using a version changer and what happend every time......

The PSP got bricked.

next time do a little research before you go blast coders for not making a downgrader. They didnt even have to make a 2.0 downgrader and a 2.1 and greater loader. So be gratefull. If you want a downgrader that bad take up coding or sneak into sony and steal their encryption key so you dont need a downgrader.

TheEmulatorGuy
March 24th, 2006, 10:38
You also seem to be retarded. The PSP never got bricked when they tried. It can't possibly work because you need kernal access to change the version (edit the flash). The GTA exploit can not do this - meaning NOTHING will happen. AT ALL.

Demulish
March 25th, 2006, 16:59
WOW,
are you retarted?
this was covered a long time ago.

Date of original post: January 26th, 2006, 01:42
That was two months ago. Next time do your own research before assigning people retards.

Lebow
March 26th, 2006, 04:19
hombrew should be stoped in making them for just 1.5 useres all the progrees should be in 2.6 because whatever runs on 2.6 will run on anyversion lower than it except for 1.0

BrooksyX
March 30th, 2006, 01:19
You also seem to be retarded. The PSP never got bricked when they tried. It can't possibly work because you need kernal access to change the version (edit the flash). The GTA exploit can not do this - meaning NOTHING will happen. AT ALL.

did i say that they used gta. No I didnt. Learn how to read.

rock_light
March 31st, 2006, 00:58
ok say someone releases a downgrader tomorrow.

what will sony do

well they are going to stop production of all their new software

then what will they do?

well they'll release a NEW even more secure ver than the previous

right now sony is right about to release a whack load of new psps with 2.6 right?

what if the downgrade/ exploit is released before these hit shelves?

Chances are they'll just hold off, upgrade them all and then ship em

all those possibly downgrade-able PSPs are no longer downgradeable...

but you got your $300+ 2.6 homebrew psp so it's ok eh?

and what if that psp gets busted? no choice but to get a nice new 3.0

but chances are because sony is so aggitated by losing cash and updating and holding releases you might not see that price drop as soon as we should

Right now their are 2 (maybe more) VERY possible ways to develop exploits for 2.6 but if someone releases it before 3.0 then it will actually screw up a lot.

More games awaiting release will be pushed back. Downgradeable PSPs become even more rare and less popular henceforth becomeing less accessable to possible homebrew programmers.

Lets see PSP follow PS2's footprints! Before that system started to calm down the HDD and Independance created an interesting scene.

gunmaster
July 11th, 2007, 16:20
I NEED HELP....CUZ I DOWNLOADED A PSP FRIMWARE 1.50 AND PUT IT IN MA PSP/GAME/UPDATE FOLDER AND I WENT TO DOWNGRADE IT BUH IT SAYS I ALREDY HAVE VERSION 3.51 SO HOW DO I DOWNGRADE/USE DA FIRMWARE........

SEND ME INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE OR ANYTHIUNG TO HELP ME AT:
[email protected]

parkermauney
July 11th, 2007, 17:07
You can't upgrade to 1.50. There is no possible way to downgrade from 3.51.
Don't write in supercaps or gtfo the internet.

ExcruciationX
July 11th, 2007, 17:18
I NEED HELP....CUZ I DOWNLOADED A PSP FRIMWARE 1.50 AND PUT IT IN MA PSP/GAME/UPDATE FOLDER AND I WENT TO DOWNGRADE IT BUH IT SAYS I ALREDY HAVE VERSION 3.51 SO HOW DO I DOWNGRADE/USE DA FIRMWARE........

SEND ME INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE OR ANYTHIUNG TO HELP ME AT:
[email protected]
Don't write in all caps.

You can't downgrade 3.51, they patched the hole in it.