PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Think of The Games This Year?

wraggster
December 27th, 2008, 15:27
It's time for TELL US DAMMIT. We've got a question, you've got answers.

Here's who it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, Kotaku reader person.

You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

Question: What did you think of the games this year? Any favorites? Disappointments?

http://kotaku.com/5118877/what-did-you-think-of-the-games-this-year

mike_jmg
December 28th, 2008, 08:40
Some great games at the begining of the year for the psp
lack of games for the psp throughout the entire year

GOW COO, Awesome game, I have no idea how they did it but they managed to transport that reward feeling from the PS2 games. They had to do everything from scratch and turned out great.

Star Wars the Force unleashed, it gave me mixed reactions, it was great but I was expecting a little more variety between the platforms as developers were all hyped about it.

For example better graphics on the PS3 version, but no, is the same one from the 360, also a little change on the PS2 and PSP graphics (cmon PS2 can do better than that)

I have yet to play the 360 version and it looks really good

Devil may 4, really good game, i really like this series and I'm still hoping there will be a DMC PSP game someday

End of the year imports are really good, Prinny ore ga Sujinkou de Iinsuka?, Dissidia Final Fantasy. Too bad the US and EUR didn't get anything

Prinny, a really dificult but at the same time very fun platformer (still can't beat the final boss)

Dissidia, strange gameplay, but all in all a really great game (I beated a friend of mine, who is a complete FF wiseguy, on Christmas LOL, he's probably leveling up at this moment, I'm doing so too :thumbup:)

hope next year will bring tons of psp games, some good next-gen ones, and GOW III

Penguinator
December 29th, 2008, 20:36
Bionic Commando Rearmed was AWESOME.

Red Alert 3 was LAME.

Dead Space was pretty good, but aiming on PC is little awkward.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village was fun.

I hope the upcoming Bionic Commando will be awesome too, but I doubt it. And more Professor Layton in English would be nice too.

AND A 2D METROID. seriously.

lipnox88
December 30th, 2008, 05:32
rockband dlc was amazing, sonic unleashed was a dream come true, gta felt alive, and fallout 3 had the best quest ever. not to mention countless hours playing with sonic for the first time in smash bros brawl. Thats not to mention we got the best hockey game ever made this year NHL 09, and the amazing co-op shooter left 4 dead. Xbox 360 got the amazing gears of war 2. and playstation had little big planet. truely an epic year of gaming if I do say so myself.