PDA

View Full Version : puzzle thread

fg-54
December 29th, 2008, 18:34
ok here is the game, someone posts a puzzle, we try to figure it out, and when someone does, someone else posts another puzzle, the puzzle can be of any type (verbal, visual, ect)

here is the first one: http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/fg0054/pieonears.jpg

clue: is a type of person.

kcajblue
December 29th, 2008, 21:22
is it peer?

fg-54
December 29th, 2008, 21:32
no, good guess tho :)

one more clue: first people to arrive somewhere

kcajblue
December 30th, 2008, 08:35
lmao.
reading the name of the image totally gave it away for me.
haha.
its pioneers.

i was thinking about puzzles to put.
but i really cannot come up with anything.

fg-54
December 30th, 2008, 16:46
excellent, and don't worry about the puzzle thing, i will cover this one:

Three masters of logic wanted to find out who was the wisest one. So they invited the grand master, who took them into a dark room and said: "I will paint each one of you a red or a blue dot on your forehead. When you walk out and you see at least one red point, raise your hands. The one who says what color is the dot on his own forehead first, wins." Then he painted only red dots on every one. When they went out everybody had their hands up and after a while one of them said: "I have a red dot on my head."
How could he be so sure?

Blue Protoman
December 30th, 2008, 22:13
There was a mirror in the room?

fg-54
December 30th, 2008, 23:38
no, no mirrors, they are alone in a room, all three, just looking at each other, also, they can't talk/tell each other what color they have on their forehead or whatever, all they can do is look, and raise their hands when they see a red dot.

dejkirkby
December 31st, 2008, 12:25
The wisest one must have thought like this:
I see all hands up and 2 red dots, so I can have either a blue or a red dot. If I had a blue one, the other 2 guys would see all hands up and one red and one blue dot. So they would have to think that if the second one of them (the other with red dot) sees the same blue dot, then he must see a red dot on the first one with red dot. However, they were both silent (and they are wise), so I have a red dot on my forehead.

fg-54
December 31st, 2008, 19:12
tisk tisk, at first i was impressed by how well you had gotten it, but then your reply seemed awfully familiar, you copied the reply WORD BY WORD from the exact place i got it from, this is an unlucky coincidence for you :P anyways, i guess i better post the next puzzle.

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/fg0054/dinr.jpg

CLUE: one word and it is food related

NOTE: there is a letter "D" inside that "R" good luck, and you won't find the answer to this one online dejkirkby ;) you gotta use yer noggin.

dejkirkby
January 1st, 2009, 00:51
Dinner!
D in R = Dinner

fg-54
January 1st, 2009, 07:13
good! and i KNOW that came from you cuz i made dat puzzle mah self, now the next one will be very hard, here it goes:

How could I place a bookbag on the floor where no one could jump over it?

NOTE: when i say jump over it, i mean jump from one side of it to another, also, you are in a completely empty room, it is just a square.

dejkirkby
January 1st, 2009, 11:05
Prolly the obvious answer but place it so it's flush in the corner?

fg-54
January 1st, 2009, 21:17
wow you are right, i thought that one would be a little harder, ok, here is a more difficult one:

The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end
And the end of every place

CLUE: don't think too hard ;)

dejkirkby
January 1st, 2009, 23:03
The letter "e"!

fg-54
January 1st, 2009, 23:10
lol, wow, you are pretty good at this, no matter, now i will post one that should be a challenge to you.

a strong man is found dead in a completely empty room aside from a rock, how did he die?

NOTE: no one threw the rock at him and he didn't suicide.

Blue Protoman
January 2nd, 2009, 04:10
The rock is a big, round boulder similar to the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the man didn't get away in time.

Here's a riddle I made up.
A bunch of guys are reeeeally high. Then a bunch of other reeeeally high guys hit them, and they all die. What happened?

fg-54
January 2nd, 2009, 05:26
The rock is a big, round boulder similar to the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the man didn't get away in time.

Here's a riddle I made up.
A bunch of guys are reeeeally high. Then a bunch of other reeeeally high guys hit them, and they all die. What happened?

i am glad that someone finally made a riddle, but you got the wrong answer.

CLUE 2: the rock never moved, the man died when he got close to the rock.

and my whack at your riddle is: the guys who were reeeeally high were falling and they fell on the other guys who were also reeeeally high, that means that there were two groups of guys, both reeeeally high, but one group was higher then the other, the group that was higher up fell on the group that was lower.

Blue Protoman
January 2nd, 2009, 06:12
Nope. No one is falling.

Oh, and is the rock made of some deadly element or something?

kcajblue
January 2nd, 2009, 06:20
let me guess fg.
the strong man is super man.
and he got closer to kryptonite.
then he died.

if im right, then heres my puzzle.
which i just kinda stole. haha.

while walking through a market on vacation, you notice a small stand selling cameras. a camera and case set sells for $310. the seller tells you the camera costs $300 more than the case it self and that the case costs the price of the set minus the cost of the camera.
you decide to wait on buying a camera and just buy the case by itself. you hand the seller a $100 dollar bill and see his eyes light up.
how much change should you be getting back?

quzar
January 2nd, 2009, 09:02
95$ 300+2x = 310 x=5

A plane crash of some sort.

Radiation of some sort (under which kryptonite would fall).

dejkirkby
January 2nd, 2009, 10:09
@ Blue Protoman. I think they were in a traffic accident. They people were really high as they were pot smokers.

fg-54
January 2nd, 2009, 17:38
let me guess fg.
the strong man is super man.
and he got closer to kryptonite.
then he died.

if im right, then heres my puzzle.
which i just kinda stole. haha.

while walking through a market on vacation, you notice a small stand selling cameras. a camera and case set sells for $310. the seller tells you the camera costs $300 more than the case it self and that the case costs the price of the set minus the cost of the camera.
you decide to wait on buying a camera and just buy the case by itself. you hand the seller a $100 dollar bill and see his eyes light up.
how much change should you be getting back?

correct! and as far as my guess at your puzzle, is it $90?

Blue Protoman
January 2nd, 2009, 17:51
Nope. No car crash. Last wrong guess and I'll spill the beans. But for now, enjoy this other riddle which I made up:

There's a guy in an apartment building who's doing pot. His next door neighbor is a cop who has an almost supernatural ability to detect marijuana. The cop and the man are at both home in their apartments, and nothing is wrong with the cop. But the cop did not go next door and arrest the man for being in possession of drugs. Why?

fg-54
January 2nd, 2009, 23:45
the guy was doing pot, not marijuana which is the drug that the cop can detect?

Blue Protoman
January 3rd, 2009, 01:58
Nope. Pot and marijuana are interchangable names for the same thing.

fg-54
January 3rd, 2009, 22:56
is the cop sleeping? taking a shower? doing something that would distract him from the pot?

Blue Protoman
January 4th, 2009, 02:40
Nope. He wasn't doing anything, just chillin' out. You'll never guess my answer. :)

SnesR0X
January 4th, 2009, 08:33
He baked it into brownies/cookies. There is no smell, therefore there is no way to tell, assuming he isn't making obnoxious noises.

Anyone who arrests someone for having pot is a dick...

Blue Protoman
January 4th, 2009, 17:06
Still no. Give up?

kcajblue
January 4th, 2009, 17:34
correct! and as far as my guess at your puzzle, is it $90?i believe quzar has gotten the right answer.
:D

fg-54
January 4th, 2009, 19:12
i believe quzar has gotten the right answer.
:D

ah :P, now Blue Protoman, was the cop into the pot too?

Blue Protoman
January 4th, 2009, 22:44
Nope. Last guess and I'll talk.

fg-54
January 5th, 2009, 00:14
ok, errrrrr........................the guy doing pot was a superior of the cop, or his relative, a parental unit perhaps?

Blue Protoman
January 6th, 2009, 02:57
Nope.

The guy wasn't smoking pot. He was doing Pot. Pot was the name of his girlfriend. They were having sex. Since sex is legal, the cop had no reason to arrest the man.

Stumped ya, didn't I? :p

fg-54
January 6th, 2009, 20:53
wow, ya i never saw that one coming :P

I am as big as the castle in front of me, yet lighter than air. 100 men and their horses cannot move me. What am I?

ICE
January 6th, 2009, 21:35
You're the castle's shadow.

fg-54
January 7th, 2009, 00:21
yup!

What goes around the world but stays in a corner?

Blue Protoman
January 7th, 2009, 02:43
A postage stamp.

fg-54
January 7th, 2009, 11:52
good! wow you guys are getting these pretty quick, i really hope you are not just looking up the answers on the internet cuz that defeats the purpose of the game :/, ok here is another one.

if you say my name, i die for a moment and come back to life but only if there are good people around me.

Blue Protoman
January 7th, 2009, 23:29
Silence?

fg-54
January 8th, 2009, 22:42
yup, ok:

QQQQQQQQQQ

CLUE: two words

Blue Protoman
January 9th, 2009, 00:21
Queue line?

fg-54
January 9th, 2009, 01:19
nope.

Blue Protoman
January 10th, 2009, 04:21
A pizza?

fg-54
January 10th, 2009, 17:19
how did u get that?

ok clue: second word "you"

fg-54
January 17th, 2009, 03:24
ok, since everyone seems to have given up i will post the answer, the word is "thank you" there are ten "Qs" so its "ten q" get it?

ok, next riddle:

there are only two hair cutters in one salon, one of them has great hair, and the other one has horrible hair.

which one would you like to have your hair be cut by? and why?

quzar
January 17th, 2009, 04:09
The one with the horrible hair. Unless the other is so good they can cut their own hair and well =P.

blackrave
January 17th, 2009, 09:27
But why, Quzar? The adjectives "horrible" and "great" are subjective, so wouldn't you think that if that ugly-haired haircutter thinks it nice themself, they wouldn't be the right cutter for you? I'd pick the nice-haired one for that reason.

quzar
January 17th, 2009, 10:40
But why, Quzar? The adjectives "horrible" and "great" are subjective, so wouldn't you think that if that ugly-haired haircutter thinks it nice themself, they wouldn't be the right cutter for you? I'd pick the nice-haired one for that reason.

Sure. That's why good riddles are hard to come by: they tend to have only one real answer. =P

fg-54
January 17th, 2009, 16:03
i am not understanding the answers you guys are giving me :P so i will just say the REAL answer:

go to the guy with ugly hair because: hair cutters can't cut their own hair, that means that the guy with ugly hair cut the hair of the one with the nice hair and the guy with nice hair cut the hair of the guy with bad hair, get it?

Next puzzle! first off you guys all know that before dogs lay down to sleep, alot of times they spin in circles right? ok good.

At which spin does the dog lay down?

Blue Protoman
January 17th, 2009, 19:36
3?

fg-54
January 17th, 2009, 19:51
nope

clue: the answer is not a number. (3 more guesses and i post the answer)

quzar
January 18th, 2009, 02:34
At which spin does the dog lay down?
The last one.

fg-54
January 18th, 2009, 16:54
yup, ok here is the next one:

the more there is of me, the less you see.
what am i?

dangee
January 18th, 2009, 17:07
that's easy, Baggins

FOG

how about this:
you know the saying "easier for a camel to fit thru the eye of a needle
than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven"

Well , how can you fit A Camel thru the eye of a needle?

dejkirkby
January 18th, 2009, 20:22
Smoke a Camel and blow the smoke through the needle eye.

dangee
January 18th, 2009, 21:17
nice try, but a few wafts of smoke escaped round the edges, and a
stinky dog-end got left in the ashtray !

A bonus point for inginuity, and a clue:

The answer does involve a smoking related component..

dejkirkby
January 18th, 2009, 22:13
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x91/dejkirkby/ShowImage.jpg

The large peaked doors of castles, strongholds and other large archaic architecture were called needles.

They all had small doors built within them which were usually rectangular, and designed so that only a single person on foot or a single rider could pass through at a time. This was done so, in order to inhibit the flow of traffic during certain times such as during war.

Camels are adverse to walking through crowded spaces. they don't like being indoors either. On top of that, they're rather large.

So at times people found themselves having to try to coax one of these beasts through the smaller of the doors, which happens to be called an Eye. The Needle is the name of the large door. The Eye is the name of the small door within the Needle. This is where the term comes from. Though a camel can be coaxed through the Eye of a Needle, it was seldom easy both due to the animals temperment and size.

This is why in some areas where some of these ancient doorways still exist the Eye oftentimes appears to be inordinately tall.

dangee
January 18th, 2009, 22:44
LMAO !!

I gotta give you that, DK!
There's hope for rich men everywhere..

Here's the answer (Members only) ,& it's your turn I believe

dejkirkby
January 18th, 2009, 23:06
Why are 2008 dollar bills worth more than 2007 dollar bills?

ICE
January 19th, 2009, 01:25
Some of these riddles have been mighty weak lol. Im going to avoid answering the last one by saying "2008 is a bigger number than 2007" and leave. I assume its not that simple.. I hope.. lol

dangee
January 19th, 2009, 01:28
Got it - 2,008 bucks are worth $2008,
2,007 are worth $2007

What word becomes shorter when you add 2 letters to it ?

ICE
January 19th, 2009, 01:31
short

dejkirkby
January 19th, 2009, 01:37
Try this one clever ol' ICE :)

While exploring the wilds of Canada, Wild Man Dave was captured by hostile wood fairies. Brad, the powerful chief of the fairies told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be boiled in water. If the statement were true, he would be fried in oil. Wild Man Dave found neither of this options too his liking, so he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation. What is the one statement he could have made?

dangee
January 19th, 2009, 01:41
yes, short it is.

ICE
January 19th, 2009, 01:56
Try this one clever ol' ICE :)

While exploring the wilds of Canada, Wild Man Dave was captured by hostile wood fairies. Brad, the powerful chief of the fairies told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be boiled in water. If the statement were true, he would be fried in oil. Wild Man Dave found neither of this options too his liking, so he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation. What is the one statement he could have made?

Ah this one is quite good. I want to see who gets it so I will just pm you the answer I have come to.

quzar
January 19th, 2009, 01:57
A mother is exactly 21 years older than her child. In exactly 6 years, the mother will be exactly 5 times as old as the child.

Where is the father?

ICE
January 19th, 2009, 02:06
A mother is exactly 21 years older than her child. In exactly 6 years, the mother will be exactly 5 times as old as the child.

Where is the father?

Without fully checking my math I believe the child has not been born yet so I'm assuming the father is very near by? Perhaps very nearby?

EDIT: Dangee, I dont actually understand your question.

dangee
January 19th, 2009, 03:35
@ICE: Errm, yeah it was garbled. I've cleared it.
Maybe I'll resurrect it in a better form when the thread quiets down
a bit

quzar
January 19th, 2009, 06:35
Without fully checking my math I believe the child has not been born yet so I'm assuming the father is very near by? Perhaps very nearby?

EDIT: Dangee, I dont actually understand your question.

Yes, 'with the mother'.

dejkirkby
January 19th, 2009, 08:06
ICE, your PM was correct.

dangee
January 19th, 2009, 11:47
While exploring the wilds of Canada, Wild Man Dave was captured..

is it
'no way is Brad gonna batter Dave !'