PDA

View Full Version : SF Chronicle's Best Games Of 2008 (GTA IV Doesn't Make It)

wraggster
December 29th, 2008, 22:30
While 2009 is almost upon us, there's still some time to pass out gaming awards for 2008. I bet you didn't think No More Heroes would be making anyone's list.

The San Francisco Chronicle handed out their gaming awards for the year. Noticeably missing from this list are the usual suspects, like Grand Theft Auto IV, Dead Space, Fable II, and Resistance 2. They've been replaced by the likes of No More Heroes (!), Soulcalibur IV, Mirror's Edge, and Burnout Paradise. They also named their gaming MVP, as well as their High's, Low's and Most Improved.

While all these games are fine choices, the No More Heroes pick is a bit surprising. But hey, this is why we are allowed to have an opinion. Here's their 10 best of 2008:

- Prince of Persia (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

- Metal Gear Solid 4 (PlayStation 3)

- Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)

- Burnout Paradise (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

- Little Big Planet (PlayStation 3)

- Mirror's Edge PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

- Fallout 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)

- Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360, PC)

- Soulcalibur IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

- No More Heroes (Wii)

http://kotaku.com/5119762/sf-chronicles-best-games-of-2008-gta-iv-doesnt-make-it

Gene
December 30th, 2008, 06:34
Burnout Paradise? What a joke...

Spanishpeacock
December 30th, 2008, 17:57
Burnout Paradise? What a joke...

A joke? Are you kidding me? How long did you play it before calling it a joke? You ever play it online? Download the Free add-ons they have for it? The bike pack? I've never seen so much support from a company for a game that's now on sale for $30 instead of $60. It's got all the other Burnout events in it. Not saying you can't put your two cents in, but if you didn't give the game a chance then don't criticize it. Besides, what other good racing games are there, Mario Kart Wii?