PDA

View Full Version : PSP Hacking 4 Absolute Beginner

yuki_wolf
December 30th, 2008, 01:12
I have spent 2 and a half days reading through many tutorials and guides for hacking PSPs but get lost very quickly. I need step by step help. Obviously many tutorials either don't cater to beginners or don't fit the firmware version on the reader's PSP. This is what I have exactly:

4 days ago I bought a used fat PSP from a friend. It has System Software ver. 3.73, a 3.6v 3600 mAh battery pack, and a SanDisk 1.0GB MagicGate Memory Stick PRO DUO.

I don't have the money or the materials for a Pandora Battery. SO if anyone could help by instructing me through putting a PS1 emulator (& games) and a UMD dumpper on my PSP it would be greatly appreciated!

Wally
December 30th, 2008, 01:58
Pandora Battery is the only way.

$20 is not that much www.dealextreme.com (for the battery and memory stick)

yuki_wolf
December 30th, 2008, 02:04
alright, I'll have to wait until I get a credit card then. That could take up to 6 months. But could you give me instructions on what to do after I purchase the Pandora Battery?

Buddy4point0
December 30th, 2008, 03:07
Actually, I would recommend buying the Datel tool battery.
It's the same thing as a pandora, except it's already created for you.
If you were planning on buying a pandora it's guaranteed that you're not going to get ripped off because it's commercial.

After you've bought a datel tool battery you need to look up guides on creating a magic memory stick.
Those guides will tell you everything you need to get custom firmware on your PSP as well.

Wally
December 30th, 2008, 03:46
You technically don't need a credit card,

PayPal Will help you there.

If you are Australian, i'd like to help you out.

yuki_wolf
December 30th, 2008, 03:49
Nope I'm american