PDA

View Full Version : Lady actually inserts credit card into Wii slot, breaks Wii

wraggster
December 30th, 2008, 21:30
A clueless (but probably innocent) mother bought a Wii for her kids for Christmas, and having been told by someone that she had to “put in her credit card when prompted,” actually inserted not one, not two, but three credit cards into the Wii’s poor little disc slot. The Wii, predictably, choked and died. Mom, you got some splainin’ to do!

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/12/29/lady-actually-inserts-credit-card-into-wii-slot-breaks-wii/

goshogun1
December 30th, 2008, 21:40
Yeah, I read the original post of this on neogaf, and scratched my head in bewilderment. I imagine someone COULD be that stupid, but it also could just be a nice story. Whether true or not, it made me chuckle.

Jay6
December 30th, 2008, 21:45
That's like trying to shove a floppy disk into a disc drive... IT JUST DOESN'T WORK! Or maybe if she heard the Wii can play N64 games, SNES games, NES games, and other old classics on the Wii, she may actually try looking for a spot to plug in the cartridge... v.v

havoc_012
January 2nd, 2009, 21:40
I guess natural selection doesn't always work...

grossaffe
January 2nd, 2009, 22:24
I guess natural selection doesn't always work...

sure it does. She was once a Wii owner, now she is not.

djdynamite123
January 3rd, 2009, 23:34
That's like trying to shove a floppy disk into a disc drive... IT JUST DOESN'T WORK! Or maybe if she heard the Wii can play N64 games, SNES games, NES games, and other old classics on the Wii, she may actually try looking for a spot to plug in the cartridge... v.v
totally stupid crazy idiotic people

OMIGHTY1
January 15th, 2009, 01:22
Ah, yes. Lo and behold, the world that we now live in! Can anyone say social security?

Shrygue
January 15th, 2009, 20:53
Hmm, now this reminds me of someone that I read in a computer magazine who shoved their credit card inside a diskette drive 5 years ago, strange that.

Anyway, looks like that Wii console will be needing repairs or replacement. Hope that one will remember not to put your credit cards in the disc slot next time.