PDA

View Full Version : This Was The First Zelda-Free Year In a Decade

wraggster
December 31st, 2008, 10:29
Feeling left out by Nintendo's mad dash for cash, but can't quite work out why? How about this: 2008 will be the first year in a decade that a new Zelda game wasn't released.

Amazing, no? Yet it's true, as evidenced by this handy chart thrown together by the team at TGR:

1998 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
1999 – No releases
2000 – Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
2001 – Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
2002 – Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA) and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
2003 – Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
2004 – Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
2005 – Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
2006 – Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2007 – Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Link’s Crossbow Training

Actually, now that you can see it all there...you can blame Nintendo all you want, but remember: Capcom were picking up a lot of the slack during most of that ten year period with their handheld games, a slack they're no longer picking up.

http://kotaku.com/5121201/this-was-the-first-zelda+free-year-in-a-decade

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 31st, 2008, 12:07
Didn't notice tbh and it's pretty sad somebody else did lmao !!!!

gamesquest1
January 1st, 2009, 05:24
lol are you sure there wernt any wii virtual console zelda releases lol that might count.....maybe

grossaffe
January 1st, 2009, 06:23
Link is in SSBB, and as he is my main character I'm not in complete Zelda Withdrawal (though I'm getting there, TP was just the drug Nintendo needed to make me dependent on them again).

havoc_012
January 2nd, 2009, 21:39
Capcom's Zelda games were really good, especially Link's Awakening.

OMIGHTY1
January 15th, 2009, 01:34
Typo on that list. It was just Four Swords in '02. Ya know, the one that came with the GBA A Link to the Past?