PDA

View Full Version : This Was The First Zelda-Free Year In a Decade

wraggster
December 31st, 2008, 10:29
Feeling left out by Nintendo's mad dash for cash, but can't quite work out why? How about this: 2008 will be the first year in a decade that a new Zelda game wasn't released.

Amazing, no? Yet it's true, as evidenced by this handy chart thrown together by the team at TGR:

1998 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
1999 – No releases
2000 – Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
2001 – Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
2002 – Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA) and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
2003 – Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
2004 – Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
2005 – Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
2006 – Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2007 – Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Link’s Crossbow Training

Actually, now that you can see it all there...you can blame Nintendo all you want, but remember: Capcom were picking up a lot of the slack during most of that ten year period with their handheld games, a slack they're no longer picking up.

http://kotaku.com/5121201/this-was-the-first-zelda+free-year-in-a-decade

BoazAdreal
December 31st, 2008, 14:19
Hopefully they got something good in the works. Would rather no releases than a piece of crap game with gameplay that could have been better if they delayed launch by 6 months to tweak and add polish.

Jeric
December 31st, 2008, 18:47
..and yet I can't help but notice that there was nothing in '99 zelda related, thus making the assertion that this was the first zelda free year wrong.

ICE
December 31st, 2008, 18:58
I knew something was odd about this year.

dvidguy08
January 3rd, 2009, 17:51
Zelda games have been nothing but amazing in my opinion... http://photosnag.com/img/1820/i08u1206uukw/thmbup.gif...
I still need to finish The Phantom Hourglass now...