PDA

View Full Version : Family surprised by festive generosity

wraggster
December 31st, 2008, 20:13
A KIND-hearted Dundee businessman has spread a little festive cheer to a family hit by Christmas thieves.

Jim and Ashley Hunter’s house in Braes Road, Blairgowrie, was ransacked at the weekend as they and daughters Niamh (7) and Claudia (14) attended a wedding.

When they returned, they found a number of their belongings had been taken, including Niamh’s Nintendo Wii console, given to her by Santa.

The family have been astonished as both family and local people have rallied round them.

First, Niamh’s cousin Callum (16) visited to offer the use of his Wii console until she again had one of her own.

And now, Charlie Kean of Kean Slaters has stepped in to put a smile back on Niamh’s face.

Charlie is well-known in Tayside for his generosity through his Kean’s Children’s Fund.

So moved was he by Niamh’s story that Charlie visited the family at their home in Blairgowrie yesterday to deliver a new Wii console and games.

“What happened to Niamh touched me and I wanted to help out,” he said.

“She is just a child and this should never have happened to her.”

Niamh’s father Jim was delighted with Charlie’s generosity.

“I’d like to thank Mr Kean,” he said.

“This is a very nice gesture.”

The callous criminals broke into the Hunters’ home sometime between 12.45pm on Saturday and about 1.15 on Sunday morning.

Police are understandably keen to find the festive thieves and recover the stolen items.

Officers are looking to trace a white saloon car seen in the area on Saturday, between 11.30am and 12.45pm, and then later the same day at around 4pm.

Anyone who has information that could assist in the investigation is asked to call the police on 0845 6005705.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2008/12/31/newsstory12445447t0.asp