PDA

View Full Version : DVDx v3.4 Comex

wraggster
January 1st, 2009, 20:57
News/release from Comex via gxmod (http://wii.gx-mod.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1802)

Comex provides updates unofficial DVDx which you can use it on a Wii update 3.4.

As a reminder, DVDx unchoked DVDs from video on your Wii.

If your Wii is equipped with a chip you need to use more of PatchMii DVDx Installer.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

shade
January 1st, 2009, 21:20
Doesn't Work. I selected the option to install and comes up with some text then the black screen and it does nothing.

Rebrek
January 1st, 2009, 23:34
shade: You have to downgrade the IOS (like it says, pick this option first) and install Patchmii (the second option) for it to work. If you try to install it without doing the rest, it will act exactly like the Team Twiizers installer. (However, I only tried it on my Wii which had System Menu 3.3 and the October 23 update that breaks Patchmii and DVDx and not System Menu 3.4.)

I was really glad to see this because I wasn't able to get my hands on a copy of Twilight Princess until Tuesday, and I accidentally updated on October 23. Thanks to this and mplayer I can use DVDs.

shade
January 2nd, 2009, 01:23
I did use the first two options before and it still gave me the black screen. Although after I used the patch mii it returned to the homebrew channel.

h2923j42n2
January 2nd, 2009, 01:31
What does the text say that shows up?

shade
January 2nd, 2009, 01:33
I thinks its Wating for network to intialise, it connects then then it disaapears and nothing happens

Rebrek
January 2nd, 2009, 01:36
Well, I don't know what to say about it; it's unofficial and I've only tested it to work with System Menu 3.3 + the October 23rd update. Good luck getting DVDs :(

manborn
January 2nd, 2009, 19:49
i guess that's why it's unofficial since it failed with me

on 3.4
latest hbc
downgraded
patchmii
dvdx - nothing on screen after connecting network

:confused:

Rebrek
January 3rd, 2009, 00:27
I guess it only works with the October 23rd update... We'll just have to wait for another release.

dudeofcube
January 3rd, 2009, 00:46
Ok, so, right now on my wii i have no patch mii no cios, and i am running the october 23 update (3.3) Will this work, or do i need patch mii, wich as i understand can not be installed now under october 23 update.:confused:

manborn
January 3rd, 2009, 00:54
Ok, so, right now on my wii i have no patch mii no cios, and i am running the october 23 update (3.3) Will this work, or do i need patch mii, wich as i understand can not be installed now under october 23 update.:confused:

there is a different dvdx package for 3.3 and lower, check wiibrew

kongsnutz
January 3rd, 2009, 07:18
You all should know that:

Marcan from Team Twiizers crippled this version from working by changing the http address it gets the patches from.

It was using his bandwidth.......so no worky now

gary_abernethy2
July 10th, 2009, 01:20
Does the installer work that comes with the homebrew channel upgrade?
im tempted to download it, but im afraid it wont work and it will be trouble to delete.
also if its this easy to make the wii play dvds (a simple download) why in the world doesnt nintendo release an official one?

djdynamite123
July 10th, 2009, 08:15
because Nintendo didn't want to pay to have dvd feature, plus it's hardware has problems with 5.1 and many others things :P