PDA

View Full Version : DOOM-PSP v0.05 Plus Released

wraggster
January 27th, 2006, 00:29
Greg Berkhof has released a new version of DoomPSP with improvements made by him, heres info on whats new:

Features added

- auto run : By default, your marine now is running whenever moving, turning, or strafing.
- walk button : Because of autorun, the run button is now the walk button. Press and hold whenever walking is required.
- map zoom : you can now press up and down on dpad/nub to zoom in and out in the auto map.
- CHEATS! : hold start and press x, o, square and triangle. x for god, o for keys, guns, and ammo, triangle for full map, and square for level skip.

Changes

- gamma is now set to 3 rather then 0 : Brightens the game consideratly, may cause some washout however
- minor key assignemtnts : swapped O and X buttons in L+R+Start menu, weapons now bound to left and right rather then up and down.
- minor text changes : quit now says "press use to quit" instead of x (as you can set use to whatever you want)

Download at the PSP Scenes most comprehensive Doom for PSP page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml

Sharpy
February 1st, 2006, 15:34
wow awesome update, even has god mode and level skip thanks Greg Berkhof

fire master
September 14th, 2006, 02:00
Why does only 3 of the 4 episides of ultimate doom run.

tallica
September 14th, 2006, 21:37
Iv had this for ages

blackrave
September 14th, 2006, 21:49
Iv had this for ages

Yeah, that's because this was dugg up from January.

Is this the same version DOOM-PSP that is used for mods (eg. Heretic, Quake 2)?

BlackShark
March 1st, 2007, 06:17
Does any body know how to compile the source???

Be3f
March 1st, 2007, 08:36
Does any body know how to compile the source???
Try PSPSDK from XOLoser.com (I didn't test this method).
Did you make any changes in source? It would be awesome, if anyone implements multiplayer support... and even hardware GU renderer...

Be3f
March 1st, 2007, 08:43
Also, it would be great if this port supported hexen & Heretic WADs.
Does anyone know how to adjust brightness in the sources? IMHO it is too high in 0.5+, I prefer default "dark" brightness (zero value), whitch was in 0.5 and lower versions... And, maybe, there is a simple way to change screen resolution in source (from 320x240 to 480x272)?

BlackShark
March 1st, 2007, 09:14
Well Im trying to add ad-hoc and MP3 support , but before I can do that I wanna see if I can Compile it first. and im having trouble with that.

EDIT: also, editing the screen brightness would be fairly easy, id do it but, ya know, wont compile :(

Be3f
March 1st, 2007, 10:04
@BlackShark
Our plans are really great!
Did you install pspsdk, cygwin and psptoolchain (from ps2dev.org)?
Hmm. And, maybe this thread will help you:
http://www.ltestudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71
You'd better post your question here:
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewforum.php?f=14
;)
Does anyone know, how to contact DOOM-PSP creator (Greg Berkhof)?

Buddy4point0
March 1st, 2007, 20:25
ive had this for a while noww i got doom,doom 2,ulatament doom, and some others

Be3f
March 2nd, 2007, 10:52
@BlackShark
I've found a solution:
makefile (in src/libtimidity-0.1.0/src) is missing the string PSPSDK=$(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)

print it before include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak
Then print
make
make install
Then, In the src root dir print make
That's all! Your EPOOT.PBP should be compiled!
GL! ;)

Ziim
February 1st, 2008, 08:48
Is there any way to turn Auto Run off? Or adjust Gama without changing the source and recompiling? If not, any tips on how to change and compile this myself?
Ive tried the other PSP emu's or ports, but this is the best IMO.

Thanks

Bobablob
February 1st, 2008, 13:59
Holy bumped threads, batman!

Zethzune
February 2nd, 2008, 00:23
Ah what the hell did you bump this ancient thread for? I thought somebody had actually released a new version of doom for PSP. :mad:

Ziim
February 4th, 2008, 01:28
Any PSP Coders? Anyone that knows doom? Im still looking to turn off autorun.

No_one_in_particular
February 4th, 2008, 15:29
Why not just make a new thread in discussion ? You're bumping an over-2 year old news thread.

JLF65
February 7th, 2008, 22:16
Use Doom for the PSP v1.4 by Chilly Willy.
http://groups.google.com/group/chilly-willys-ice-flow/web/psp-doom-v1.4.zip?hl=en

That doesn't auto-run (requires a single button press to start the game if you've already got the default config file set the way you like), and allows you to change the gamma in-game like regular Doom (among other features).

BlackShark
March 8th, 2008, 19:28
and it looks very nice, clarity wise.