PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IX CRASH. Need some help please

Marv
January 27th, 2006, 03:59
Hi. I'm playing FFIX with the emulator ePSXe160. Everything was fine until the game crashed in one of the animated sequences. Zidane and the others get on the ship that is about to take off from the village you come across after the ice cave. Then the video shows the ship taking off. Well...i could'nt advance further in the game because there is where the game suddenly freezes.
If anybody had suffered from the same problem or know how to get it solved, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

PD: I was wondering if that was an error from the game itself, or maybe from the emulator. Perhaps the video plugin??...i really have no idea.

Tweak420
January 27th, 2006, 04:47
Hate to break it to you but this is a PSP emulation forum not PSX, but I would try an older plugin if you have an older video card I believe I heard Pete's GPU Plugin 1.75 works well if that's the case.

cloud_952
January 27th, 2006, 10:11
Different video plugins excel in different areas. First off, you should go to http://zophar.net/ and look for different video plugins. Try savestating before it locks up (so you don't have to go through the same part of the game over and over to troubleshoot the problem) and then restarting the emulator with a bunch of different video plugins. Also, check your settings under the plugin options. See what you have it set to. Maybe you don't have certain optimizations set up, etc.

Good luck!

michael jackson
January 27th, 2006, 15:21
ffix and ff7 both require specific "mods" to be enabled in the emulator

go to options and youl see a list of game specific fixes ff7 needs a special type of rendering or certain menus wont be shown

also certain games dont work on certain versions

id check the options first tho, i believe it even says "only needed for ffix" check it if its off

and yeah, this is psP forumn >.<

Marv
January 27th, 2006, 18:44
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Thanks for the help and for not be so rude with fools like me...now i going to try the advices u gave me. Thanks again.

Marv
January 27th, 2006, 19:22
ensomulv at 2006-01-06 14:55 GMT:

Nevermint that problem. It just happens on the newest version of ePSXe 1.60. The problem didn't occur on th 1.52 version of it..

ensomulv at 2006-01-06 09:14 GMT:

My game freezes on the cutscene where the Cargo Ship takes off on CD1, any way to fix that?
---------------
Well, it seems that after all, i found which the problem was. Just want to post it in case anyone have the same problem as me.