PDA

View Full Version : Certain DS won't run M3 Real

Broadus
January 3rd, 2009, 03:57
I have M3 Real, and it's always worked great and still does, on my oldschool DS and my brother's DS Lite. However, my OTHER brother's OTHER DS Lite won't work with the M3 Real!
Basically, I have M3 Real, and it works fine on a DS and a DS Lite. But it won't work in a second DS Lite. DS Lite #2 says that "there is no DS card inserted" whenever M3 Real is inserted. But, I can insert any actual DS cartridge and it will run it just fine. So the only cartridge it ISN'T reading is M3 Real.
If it matters, the DS Lite that works is white and the DS Lite that doesn't work is black and I think the outside is red or something.
Is there any reason one out of three DSs won't work with my M3 Real cartridge?

SifJar
February 22nd, 2009, 15:32
have you tried taking it out and blowing on the cart and into the slot and then putting it in again?

Broadus
February 22nd, 2009, 20:31
I cannot even imagine that being the problem since other games worked in the DS at the time of testing, and the M3 Real worked in other DSs, also at the time of testing.

Anyway, his DS isn't around anymore since I don't live with him. I'm glad that when I bought my own DS Lite, M3 Real worked just fine in it.

Eric
February 22nd, 2009, 21:25
Yeah i just started having the same problem with my M3 Lite. It was working and when i put it in my GBA and turn that system on the GBA will load past bios screen and then shut right back down. Now i dont know if this is a battery situation cause the battery is low on the system but it'll load the Mario Kart Advance cartridge perfectly but the M3 Lite no. I havent even tested the M3 Lite in my DS cause the battery is dead and the plug is missing.

Broadus
February 23rd, 2009, 05:57
Man. You should really charge those things.

SifJar
February 24th, 2009, 19:35
Yeah i just started having the same problem with my M3 Lite. It was working and when i put it in my GBA and turn that system on the GBA will load past bios screen and then shut right back down. Now i dont know if this is a battery situation cause the battery is low on the system but it'll load the Mario Kart Advance cartridge perfectly but the M3 Lite no. I havent even tested the M3 Lite in my DS cause the battery is dead and the plug is missing.

You cant put an M3 LITE in a GBA it wont fit. Perhaps thats why it didn't work? It wont go all the way in because its smaller than a GBA cart to fit the DS Lite (hence the name) without any overhang.

Eric
February 24th, 2009, 19:54
lol yes but i hope your M3lite came with different cartridges cause you put the board in a cartridge the size of GBA slot and use it in the GBA. Hence there is a GBA mode which means you can use it in a GBA.

SifJar
March 13th, 2009, 21:59
lol yes but i hope your M3lite came with different cartridges cause you put the board in a cartridge the size of GBA slot and use it in the GBA. Hence there is a GBA mode which means you can use it in a GBA.

Ah. I dont have one myself so i didnt know that