PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy vending machines now offering portable games in airports

wraggster
January 3rd, 2009, 22:44
We live a fairly fast-paced, jet-setting lifestyle -- an unfortunate side-effect of which are the hours of frequent layovers we are forced to suffer while flying between Hugh Hefner's Sky Villa in Vegas and our private, opulent island getaway off the coast of O'ahu. These long stretches are made even more unbearable when we forget to pack our handhelds -- a situation that often causes us, in a sheer fit of boredom, to overdose on Dramamine and attempt to ride the baggage carousel.

Luckily, we'll never again have to know the firm, rubber-gloved grip of an annoyed Air Marshal -- Best Buy recently began offering DS Lites and select DS titles in their Best Buy Express vending machines. These machines are located at several major airports throughout the U.S., and sell a number of important devices for travelers, such as headphones, chargers, and most recently, Pokémans catching simulators.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/03/best-buy-vending-machines-now-offering-portable-games-in-airport/

carlitx
January 3rd, 2009, 23:04
wow.... i wish we had those vending machines..... lol

goshogun1
January 4th, 2009, 04:05
Assuming it isn't priced above the standard retail, this is pretty cool! I would sure hate waiting 2 hours in an airport w/o my DS Lite.

Jeric
January 4th, 2009, 19:26
While awesome in its own way. Given the current economy, how wise is this?

goshogun1
January 4th, 2009, 22:52
While awesome in its own way. Given the current economy, how wise is this?

NDS isn't very expensive, nor are the games. I figure they don't have much to lose. DS = printed money regardless of the economy IMO.

Blue Protoman
January 4th, 2009, 23:30
This is very weird. But I like it. I wonder if they'll do this for the DSi?

wiggy fuzz
January 5th, 2009, 09:01
had my ds nicked. would like a new one - seems like a great idea (unless airport *just because it's your only place to shop so there* tax isn't applied)

i thought duty free things were supposed to be cheaper. a 40p bar of chocolate can cost up to a Ł1 at heathrow airport :confused: