PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports is best-selling game of all time, according to VGChartz

wraggster
January 5th, 2009, 16:00
We're automatically skeptical of any reports coming out of an organization who uses the letter "Z" to pluralize, but we find it difficult not to believe in a recent finding from VGChartz (sigh), who claim that Wii Sports has surpassed Super Mario Bros. as the best-selling video game of all time. After compiling last week's software sales, they've concluded that Wii Sports has barely crept past the 40.24 million mark that kept SMB on top of the pile for a bajillion years.

Of course, its worth noting that both games were bundled with their respective platforms (except in Japan and South Korea, whose Wiis were Sports-less), greatly boosting their sales. We wouldn't be surprised if the report proves to be accurate -- nor would we be shocked if Nintendo is currently looking for the highest, broadest rooftop from which they can proclaim their latest sales triumph.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/04/wii-sports-is-best-selling-game-of-all-time-according-to-vgchar/

royvedas
January 5th, 2009, 17:59
Might be, but it's a pack-in, dammit. Doesn't count if you ask me. The game is freaking unavoidable if you want a Wii

goshogun1
January 5th, 2009, 19:01
The amount of people who bought Wii just for Wii Sports is amazing. I know a lot of people don't consider it "Hardcore" (whatever the hell that means), but it is great fun for just about anyone. Can't blame it for selling like hotcakes, and in a sense leading to millions of Wiis being sold.

DPyro
January 5th, 2009, 19:13
Let me know when they come out with a better game than 'Wii Sports'.

goshogun1
January 5th, 2009, 19:44
Let me know when they come out with a better game than 'Wii Sports'.

Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem etc.
Might be considered better than Wii Sports.

grossaffe
January 5th, 2009, 23:05
Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem etc.
Might be considered better than Wii Sports.

Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

Triv1um
January 6th, 2009, 01:40
I believe he asked for a better game guys.

Baboon
January 6th, 2009, 08:27
Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

tatsunoko vs capcom, Shaun White Snowboarding (using the balance board :cool:), Mario Kart... :thumbup: