PDA

View Full Version : Teen Sucks At Gaming, Torches Warehouse

wraggster
January 5th, 2009, 16:02
A high school student frustrated over a recent gaming session at an internet cafe in South Korea set light to a warehouse Saturday evening.

The 15-year-old told police that he torched the warehouse, located at the top of a four-story building, because "his computer games did not go well." The fire did an estimated four million won in damage.

What a great way to kick off 2009 for gamers.

http://kotaku.com/5123366/teen-sucks-at-gaming-torches-warehouse

davidcrew
January 5th, 2009, 17:14
lol @ this

i bet he was playing neopets or something haha

apex05
January 5th, 2009, 17:38
Anyone know what game he was playing? I'll bet some anti-gaming people will find out and use it in their propaganda!

goshogun1
January 5th, 2009, 19:07
What a dumb excuse. Likely more to it than this. But hell, the anti videogame crowd is gonna love this.
Anyway, if it is true, I am guessing he had been playing an MMORPG for 20+ hours straight. But I can't imagine torching a warehouse. It just sounds like the teen made an excuse because you can blame anything on games nowadays. Stupid stuff.

Shrygue
January 5th, 2009, 19:15
So some guy loses at a game and then decides to commit arson by burning down a warehouse? That's a sore loser of a move, just get over your loss. Getting jail time isn't worth it.

Auriman1
January 5th, 2009, 20:24
He only caused about $3500 USD worth of damage. Must've been a pretty worthless warehouse, or just a shed.

that1guywiththeface
January 5th, 2009, 20:54
Errr....... what is a won?

At any rate, what a total f--k-tard. Thats even worse than those videos with the angry Halo kid (croyt) and the angry german kid playing Unreal.

devdj
January 5th, 2009, 21:27

At any rate, what a total f--k-tard. Thats even worse than those videos with the angry Halo kid (croyt) and the angry german kid playing Unreal.

yeah i tought the same thing lol but anyway i bet he was playing something crap like world of warcraft or warrock and he probably got pwned by a european like me lol

wolfpack
January 6th, 2009, 01:43
Noob

mike_jmg
January 6th, 2009, 01:54

"won" is the name of their currency

but is something like 10 000 wons = 10 dolars or something like that

so yeah it was a crappy warehouse

edit: A friend of mine went to Korea sometime, and it was pretty weird that the highest value for a bill was 10 000 wons. Imagine $4000 usd on tens