PDA

View Full Version : Discover Five Simple Ways To "Green" Your Gaming

wraggster
January 6th, 2009, 22:27
If you're concerned about global warmi... I mean, climate change, but also happen to spend a good portion of your free time gaming, Discovery has five helpful environmentally conscious tips for you.

While many are obvious, such as "Turn Off the Console When Not in Use" when used in conjunction with tip number two ("Buy a Wii") you'll find yourself saving the planet at an amazing rate. I think you get me.

What you might not be aware of is a tip targeted at PlayStation 3 owners. Discovery notes that watching a Blu-ray movie on your console sucks up "5 times more power than watching it on a standard Blu-Ray player." Now I really feel guilty for watching Planet Earth. :(

Go on, be the annoying guy who forwards this to your electricity cavalier buddies. They'll thank you for it!

http://kotaku.com/5124628/discover-five-simple-ways-to-green-your-gaming

Mc_Logical
January 7th, 2009, 00:16
Global warming is bs! every1 should know that by now, it's a money making scheme, planet changes all the time, oh! i do turn my ps3 off though when not in use, to save my electric lol not the world, the turn off system after download finishes is usefull... bunch of movies/psn stuff, sleep and wake to ps3 being off, also have it set to 1hour turn off if not being used, good if i fall asleep drunk on couch lol so the answer is use those settings

goshogun1
January 7th, 2009, 00:40
Personally I haven't taken either side on the Global Warming issue. But, the founder of the Weather Channel recently called it the greatest scam in mankind history. I still haven't decided yet, but I hate how in today's society you have to believe in it, or else you are being funded by the oil industry.

Man, I use the PS3 on a daily basis for watching DVD/BLU RAY (no games lately lol), so I guess I should feel guilty. Oh well...I guess I better stop playing it to save the planet.

Mc_Logical
January 7th, 2009, 05:47
Personally I haven't taken either side on the Global Warming issue. But, the founder of the Weather Channel recently called it the greatest scam in mankind history. I still haven't decided yet, but I hate how in today's society you have to believe in it, or else you are being funded by the oil industry.

Man, I use the PS3 on a daily basis for watching DVD/BLU RAY (no games lately lol), so I guess I should feel guilty. Oh well...I guess I better stop playing it to save the planet.

Taking sides? the truth has only one side lol and the message needs to get out there it's bs (that doesn't mean stop reducing co2 etc) but stil pathetic if u think about it, all talk

ICE
January 7th, 2009, 06:38
Global warming is bullcrap. The earth may be slightly warmer but the parts of the atmosphere responsible for the greenhouse effect are not.

I like to leave all the tv's, consoles and pc's in my house on all the time.

goshogun1
January 7th, 2009, 06:54
Taking sides? the truth has only one side lol and the message needs to get out there it's bs (that doesn't mean stop reducing co2 etc) but stil pathetic if u think about it, all talk

Yeah, but I haven't made up my mind either way. Unlike the majority of the people on earth seem to believe it almost religiously without any debate. One time I tried to argue with someone at work about it and they told me, "You can't argue with FACTS! Global warming is a fact." Kind of a mob mentality concerning this topic. But yeah, I haven't done enough research to be 100%.

Mc_Logical
January 7th, 2009, 08:22
lol ignorant people, theres the kind of people who luv the fact something could go wrong with the world, the type that would say: see i told ya so lol no u didn't, u just find the right opportunity... and yeah! it has become like a religion, thank god i relate to an atheist, chose wrong words thank god lol thats the same mentality of believing in global warming good point! u can get almost any1 to follow a religion

sorceror
January 7th, 2009, 18:06
The evidence is actually pretty good that the earth has warmed by close to a degree since the late 1800s. That's not 'BS'. The question of how much of that is due to human influence is another question, which I'm not going to make a pronouncement on, I haven't studied that enough.

The thing that bugs me is how closely the tactics of the 'global warming deniers' resemble the tactics of 'creationists' - and evolution is something that I have studied, so I know the creationists are full of it. That doesn't mean the 'global warming deniers' are wrong, but it does make me suspicious.

ICE
January 7th, 2009, 18:12
Ok.. lets keep this on topic people... Or at least in the ballpark of on topic.

Mc_Logical
January 7th, 2009, 20:19
It is on topic, opinions every1 has them

ICE
January 7th, 2009, 20:57
It is on topic, opinions every1 has them

I fail to see how "creationists are full of it." has anything at all to do with how to keep your gaming green.

Sterist
January 7th, 2009, 21:03
if any of you even bothered with the lowest meritable classes in highschool which would give you any say on something like this, perhaps you wouldn´t be so ignorant as to call it BS all the way into 2009.

this is not a topic for forums. before a lot of you decide to prove you don´t know what you´re talking about, drop it and stay on topic.

so, back to topic.

or..... you could GET A SOLAR PANEL.

Mc_Logical
January 8th, 2009, 08:05
I fail to see how "creationists are full of it." has anything at all to do with how to keep your gaming green.

How is it not on topic? its about global warming which is mentioned in the article, the point of a topic can relate to anything, don't mock me boy, im not full of it, but your only form of attack is with a keyboard lol shoulda ignored it

ICE
January 9th, 2009, 07:06
How is it not on topic? its about global warming which is mentioned in the article, the point of a topic can relate to anything, don't mock me boy, im not full of it, but your only form of attack is with a keyboard lol shoulda ignored it

If you think a clear attack on someones faith belongs in a thread about how to keep your gaming "green" you are out of your mind. Oh and stop being so defensive. No ones mocking you..