PDA

View Full Version : PSP>USB bluetooth dongle?

sharxbyte
January 7th, 2009, 05:42
So... I usually lurk (recently actually signed up, so i could see links) and this is my first post(hope this is an appropriate place to put it...) Hi =]

Anyway, on to business...

I have a bluetooth USB dongle, and was wondering if any homebrew software has been(or could/will be) developed to support it(I myself would try to figure it out, but I only know very basic coding, and someone else could be much more efficient).

My idea is this:

I would connect the bluetooth adapter to the psp, and use the bluetooth to connect to my cellphone, which has the capability of an aircard (satellite internet). From the internet, I would use a VNC (basically enables remote control of one device from another, through the internet) to connect to my laptop at home, and do laptopish things, from anywhere, without the laptop.

(ya,ya, laptops were meant to be portable, but this would be awesome nonetheless, and could open some interesting possibilities...)

any insight?

sharxbyte
January 8th, 2009, 06:09
someone? ANYONE?

=/

JLF65
January 8th, 2009, 07:55
As far as anyone has been able to determine, the PSP acts as a USB DEVICE, not a host. Therefore, you cannot hook devices to it. PSP accessories like the Go Cam are believed to have a USB Host chip built into them to allow them to work with the PSP USB. So unless someone can show both that the PSP USB can operate as a host and how to do so, no USB peripherals can be used directly by the PSP.

acn010
January 8th, 2009, 18:37
psp is a slave... needs a master device to react..