PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do With Your Old Games?

wraggster
January 7th, 2009, 16:27
Hey, we're in a recession! And some of us have old games to unload. What to do, what do do.

As Forbes points out, you can take your games to places like GameStop for store credits, e-Bay for cash, website Goozex for online swaping. There article covers a lot of familiar ground, but does have quotes from CheapAssGamer's CheapyD — and that's always nice.

So! Our question: What do you do with your old games?

http://kotaku.com/5125079/what-do-you-do-with-your-old-games

kjetil1991
January 7th, 2009, 16:35
i just save them some where often in bookshelves and such...

pibs
January 7th, 2009, 16:59
I keep them :D There are a few ive traded in which now I fully regret.

quzar
January 7th, 2009, 17:07
Same thing I do with my old books and movies, put them away to read/watch/play again later, or lend out to friends.

AdamRav
January 7th, 2009, 17:26
All stored away

I guess the next people to touch them will be my kids haha

or maybe not

Auriman1
January 7th, 2009, 18:03
I keep them all. Selling them just doesn't make sense to me.

goshogun1
January 7th, 2009, 18:13
I have them all lined up, and categorized by system on bookshelves. And heck, they look damn cool. 25 years of gaming history has never looked better!

So yeah, no sale.

WhizzBang
January 7th, 2009, 18:25
I keep most of mine too.

mike_jmg
January 7th, 2009, 18:43
I keep them around, just in case I want to play them again

inlovewithi
January 7th, 2009, 19:17
It pains me, but I'm selling my games on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180318368744 I'm keeping my SNES and Dreamcast though. And I'm not selling any of my current systems, like Wii or 360, or DS. I'm selling my PSP.

Iceman^2
January 7th, 2009, 23:51
Selling games (most of the time) doesn't make sense. Many newer games lose value immediately after you buy them while older games are either rare and expensive or simply not worth rebuying. I keep all my games and store them in cabinets, cd towers, and bookshelves. The only thing wrong with keeping them is storing them because they take up lots of room if you have a lot (like I do). I sell games all the time as well, but they are either junk or duplicates. Selling games to stores is pointless because they never give you as much money as the game is really worth.

apex05
January 8th, 2009, 01:21
I'm just too lazy to sell things unless they worth much money, so i've hoarded over 30 years worth of games and broken consoles in a box. I've been meaning for years to sort it and get on ebay because apparantly some of it could be quite valuable now

Emulation_Chief
January 8th, 2009, 03:20
Hello:

One of the best part of being a player is also collect some, or many, of your favorites. I keep my entire collection of games. And I keep all the consoles and handhelds I have working too. For me is like remember all the good times, the good friends, and the history of my favorite hobby: Playing and collecting Video Games.

Aryn
January 8th, 2009, 04:43
Eh, I just get rid of them. While they would theoretically have sentimental value, they do get bulky after awhile and I like to travel light. If I miss the game a year later when it is no longer mass marketed, I can just download it.

Chalkbot
January 9th, 2009, 00:59
Nobody here uses Goozex? It really is the best way to go, completely changed the way I play games. Not only do I not spend money on games anymore (outside of shipping them) I have more games than I have time to play them. My enormous catalouge of old games that I no longer care for became new and awesome stuff. Evidently someone out there wants that crappy RTS game from 1997.

Most people fear getting rid of their old games because they might miss them later, but on Goozex you can get them right back if you later change your mind. It will be the same price (points) that you sold it for, so it didn't cost you anything outside of a trade credit ($1 unless purchased in bulk).

If you sign up, you even get a free game right off the bat so you can see the system work. I encourage everyone to get on there (I am in no way affiliated with the website btw)

Here's my referal link:
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=576344230049

krakenx
January 9th, 2009, 14:48
I play them, because the new games are just not as good.

Soul Calibur > Soul Calibur 4
FF2US > FF4DS
etc.