PDA

View Full Version : Quake 2 Beta

rehbock
January 7th, 2009, 16:46
As i dont believe McZonk will ever come back to the psp scene. i think he wont mind if i public the latest release of q2psp.
Well this build is actually 1 year old but as he didnt go on with his work its the latest. Dont expect any support from me.
This Beta support online Gaming you can join any recent q2 server via wifi and play with your friends online.
Single player wasnt that much included you can play the first map without a problem via New Game but the psp will run out of memory if you reach the end of the level. It will try to load the next one but unfortunately shut down during loading screen.

you can go manually to the level 2 and 3 in the this build via typing a(for lvl2) and b(lvl3) in the console and hit x.

Its was made for the 1.50 kernel so dont ask for any ports for the newer ones.

all files were token of the Q2demo.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

remansano
January 7th, 2009, 23:54
DUDE!!!!
THANKS A LOT!!!!
I'll test it right now... do you pretend to update that work? Or it reached the point you expected?

Zack
January 8th, 2009, 00:56
I spoke with Mkzonk about a month ago, he is still here, I don't know if he is still active in the PSP scene however.

**1_Man_Matrix**
January 8th, 2009, 09:58
Excellent work! Anyone hanging out for their Quake 2 PSP fix can grab the PS1 version of course, and setup some Coded Arms style controls thanks to the Custom scheme. It works really well, and holds it's own. Check E-Bay etc for a copy!

Murdock
January 8th, 2009, 13:18
Well, this seems 2 be some good pice of software, IF Multiplayer worx w/o much limitations ...

Can u add Models & maps (not too large ones, due to mem limit)?

IF yes, this is gonna be great! Single-Player isn't that important ince, as s/o else already pointed out, we still have PSX Q2 ...

rehbock
January 8th, 2009, 13:57
well if you own original pak you can extract it and transfer it to the psp.
as i remember it could load any multiplayer maps. Just single player was running out of memory cuz of all the enemys their different animations etc.

CraneX
January 9th, 2009, 11:48
can this work for psp slim?

Oh........sad can anyone please

convert it to a compatible version for psp sliM>?

chicknwings
December 4th, 2009, 23:21
Quick question, will this work with 5.00 M33-6 with the 1.50 kernel add-on? Cause it keeps coming up as it not wanting to start.