PDA

View Full Version : BlockRage 0.2.3

wraggster
January 7th, 2009, 18:03
The iberDC (http://www.dreamcast.es/downloads.php?descarga=192) team are back with a new release for 2009, heres the translated details:

http://blockrage.sourceforge.net/img/sshot-2p-0.2.3_s.png

Now that we've moved to a new host and everything returns to work, Indi tito he could not leave without a gift of kings and here's a new homebrew port quality)

BlockRage is a falling blocks game, clone of the famous SEGA Columns. It has 2 players mode, detailed graphics and animated backgrounds. It is a remake of the classic DOS Xixit done at SDL.

BlockRage was carrying some time in GP32 (Blockrage2x). Win versions available and is even in the repository of Gentoo.

Original author: Jiri Svoboda
License: GNU GPL v2
Version: 0.2.3
Web original BlockRage

It works perfectly with the pad and keyboard. It also includes sounds:)

Controls:
D-Pad: Move date and changing rooms.
A: Accelerating down.
L: Exit the main menu.

This time you will not find files of the trilogy, but you will find a single file + source code. Use the BootDreams to make cdi

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Jareth247
January 10th, 2009, 06:03
Does anyone know how to change the images myself? Cuz I'd like to add my own personal touch to this.

And it'd open the floodgates to this being yet another gr8 killer app for the Dreamcast.

Indiket
January 15th, 2009, 22:57
I think it souldn't be to hard change the images.
Images are in .pcx format. The s00px are each one of the blocks, and menu, logo... well, quite obvious :)

Christuserloeser
January 16th, 2009, 11:50
This is great! I'm really looking forward to play around with it.

Jareth247
January 17th, 2009, 03:48
I think it souldn't be to hard change the images.
Images are in .pcx format. The s00px are each one of the blocks, and menu, logo... well, quite obvious :)

Okay, but I asked cuz I couldn't open the bin to change it. I tried Magic ISO and ISObuster, but nothing worked.

I CAN, however, change the images in the src folder, but then how do I make it so I can use it on the DreamCast?

Indiket
January 17th, 2009, 11:23
Yep, you need to compile the src files to get a new bin file for the Dreamcast.
For instance, you can get the DDEr4 (it's a pack that install the necessary files to compile a dreamcast game in a Windows environment).
There are some tutorials out there ;)

Jareth247
January 20th, 2009, 12:26
Yep, you need to compile the src files to get a new bin file for the Dreamcast.
For instance, you can get the DDEr4 (it's a pack that install the necessary files to compile a dreamcast game in a Windows environment).
There are some tutorials out there ;)

Or... you can tell me how to change the files stored on the DC image. I mean, if I wanted to compile it myself, I would have tried my hand at it already.

I just want the way that's easy, and thus better.

Indiket
January 20th, 2009, 23:52
But it's not possible to edit a binary file by hand (for change some images). The binary file has all the information in machine code...the only way is to compile the files.

Category
January 23rd, 2009, 20:18
I havn't peeked into the ISO file myself, but some games will store the images as discreet files, keeping them separate from the main binary. If thats the case, it should be easy.

If not, you're gonna need to set up DDEr4 as Indiket said, or set up a KallistiOS tool-chain - all depends how the guy coded it in the first place.