PDA

View Full Version : More Datel fun

wraggster
January 7th, 2009, 21:34
Alek of Dark Alex fame posted this:

Well, things are simple.

When you make a false statement and announce it globally with a little risk of failing, you definitely fail with epic circumstances that make you look even worse to all the community. Yeah, we're talking about a blue thing, and it's not the sky.

We have seen D@tel using things that are not from their own, leaking indirectly stuff, and in general making things around here a little bit... confusing.

Some webpages announced a blue battery, saying that it will "downgrade your PSP and pretty much do what you want with it!" WHOA, the scene was a party. But well, hold on a second, it just had a LED indicator ON... Oh wait, didn't that made also DC7?

Sometime later, some engineering test units came onto play... and whoa! it didn't work! WTF! Every single one on the PSP Scene started shouting and sending mails to D@tel to refund or even to try to find if this information was right.

Well, meanwhile i was making some stuff for the server, a good friend, x3sphere (thanks!), gave me this link. WUT PSP MAX POWER DIGITAL! Wasn't it called something like... Lite Blue Tool or whatever? something like an Universal Unbricker, something like the "working PSP 3000 solution"?

And now you see it totally changed, new name, new box, and a big thing that says "Use to put a PSP2000 into service mode or work as a normal battery on PSP2000 and the brand new PSP3000" OH SNAP, all that i always wanted, a second battery for my PSP3000! Uh, wait, it wasn't that, i wanted that cool blue thing that could allow me to cfw'd my PSP3000!

Well, let's get serious. What do we learn from all this story? From my sincere point of view, two things: First, do NEVER post/announce globally something if you don't know if it's gonna work or even if you... depend of something or someone else ;). And the second idea, and this goes for every single PSP user, patience is a great virtue. You have seen some advances on this model some days ago, so ask yourself: What's better, asking every single forum/webpage for when something is gonna be released, or just wait and see how things are going? :)

Meanwhile, buy the games you like, game developers do also eat!

http://sceners.org/?itemid=174

Buddy4point0
January 7th, 2009, 21:51
Haha, the datel tool works great for downgrading PSP 1000s and 2000s, and It seams that the new lite blue one will do the same for 2000's.
But that whole thing about it working for 3000s was a low blow from datel. They've lost a little respect from me.

mike_jmg
January 8th, 2009, 00:58
they lost the little respect I had for them ever since they released the datel blue lite tool

dejkirkby
January 8th, 2009, 08:40
Datel are filth in my eyes. They plunder other peoples hard work and free scene products and sell them onto unsuspecting consumers for a fat profit.
I'm glad they screwed up and opened some peoples eyes to the scum they are.