PDA

View Full Version : Reggie: 'Nintendo IS listening to fans'

Shrygue
January 7th, 2009, 22:49
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=205357)

Wii has its unique set of merits. But a lack of hard drive, minimal online play and awkward friend codes are some of the issues highlighted by gamers. But Nintendo IS listening, insists Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime.

"We listen to our fans all the time," Reggie said when challenged on Nintendo's attitude towards such complaints.

"Nintendo fans are some of the most passionate in the world, and believe me, they make their opinions heard. We're not claiming our way of doing things is better or worse than anyone else - it's just different," he added.

"We listen very closely to what people have to say, both pro and con, and keep those feelings in mind as we plan ahead," Fils-Aime told GameDaily.

We don't expect any major changes to Wii in the remaining years of its life, but we have high hopes for the next Nintendo console.

lipnox88
January 8th, 2009, 01:39
im a Nintendo fan to the max, i let my parents have my wii though because Nintendo only released 3 worthwhile games on it while i found like 30 great ones on the competition. Seriously what a joke.

pkmaximum
January 8th, 2009, 06:44
Until the later years of game cube I would have called my self a Nintendo fan boy.... idk I feel Nintendo lost the edge in originality that it just used to have. Nintendo always seems to be focusing on making sequels to their games, spin offs, or some kind of game that proceeds an original title. As far as hardware Nintendo never has had the edge.... so I'm not someone who is impressed with the Wii (yes I do own one) I am much happier with my 360 with some hard core titles =) And actually has originality.

goshogun1
January 8th, 2009, 07:14
Its funny how the DS is my favorite system right now, and its a portable.

I mainly use the Wii to play my massive Gamecube backlog, outside of the occasional Smash Bros, and Galaxy session. Maybe by the time I finish those, the Wii will start to pick up a little.

Oh yeah, why the hell isn't Nintendo releasing "Diaster DOC" in the US? Anyway, I am sure they will get their act together sooner or later. :o

grossaffe
January 8th, 2009, 08:50
Its funny how the DS is my favorite system right now, and its a portable.

I mainly use the Wii to play my massive Gamecube backlog, outside of the occasional Smash Bros, and Galaxy session. Maybe by the time I finish those, the Wii will start to pick up a little.

Oh yeah, why the hell isn't Nintendo releasing "Diaster DOC" in the US? Anyway, I am sure they will get their act together sooner or later. :o

I don't think disaster was all that highly reviewed. maybe not poorly scored, but I don't think it was supposed to have lived up to its hype.

besides, who has time for Disaster when MadWorld and The Conduit are coming out?

goshogun1
January 8th, 2009, 20:30
I don't think disaster was all that highly reviewed. maybe not poorly scored, but I don't think it was supposed to have lived up to its hype.

besides, who has time for Disaster when MadWorld and The Conduit are coming out?

Actually, I imported EUROPEAN Diasaster DOC and found it to be one of the most enjoyable games on my Wii. I was hoping it would be released in the US so others could play it, because its a great game that the US should be able to see.

Also, just because reviewers said it didn't live up to the hype doesn't mean its a bad game. No offense, but having not actually played it you can't exactly vouch for that opinion.

Also, I don't really care about Conduit, however Mad World is going to be awesome!

ChaoticanarchyX
January 10th, 2009, 19:44
AND then reggie fails to mention that that green backs that are plugging up his ears make it harder for him, and the rest of the Big N, hear and listen to the fans. If nintendo ever let the homebrew scene in openly I think homebrew would surpass and maybe even out do commercial games.

grossaffe
January 10th, 2009, 20:11
AND then reggie fails to mention that that green backs that are plugging up his ears make it harder for him, and the rest of the Big N, hear and listen to the fans. If nintendo ever let the homebrew scene in openly I think homebrew would surpass and maybe even out do commercial games.

perhaps they'd surpass the shovelware, but no way they out do the real games out there. there's plenty of opportunity for people to make real games for PC/linux and pretty much all you get are clones. may be quality clones, but not much in the way of originality.

ChaoticanarchyX
January 11th, 2009, 22:56
Like I said MAYBE.... xD

OMIGHTY1
January 14th, 2009, 22:29
Homebrew could never outdo games like Brawl, MP3: Corruption, and the like. But games such as Carnival Games? The Image series *shutter*? Yeah, I think it already HAS passed those.